I came across a printer for sale without warranty because it's warranty expired even though it was never sold. I bought it because it was a bargain and a good make Canon. I had Canon printers in the past and they were reliable. Did I make the right choice?
aquarius3 aquarius3 61-65 6 Answers Mar 8 in Community

research the reviews on the model and brand that you If it reliable buy it without the warranty.....If its not reliable do not buy it at all. The warranty companies know that the cost of repairs on average is going to be far less then the amounts collect from warranties or they would not sell them. IMHO

Best Answer

I think so, and I probably would have made the same choice.

Best Answer

Correct choice if a good bargain, could last for years.

Best Answer

Generally speaking a warranty does not expire before an item is sold. Chances are that you bought ever a black market printer or a refurbished printer. In either case, you get what you pay for.

Best Answer

They told me it was overlooked in storage. It was in store for awhile. Not used. I doubt Future shop would sell black marked printer. And they wouldn't say new if used. What they said exactly is time is expired on the model for guarantee.

Best Answer

I buy all electronic devices without a warranty. I think of it this way, if the chances are that the device would fail, the manufacturer wouldn't offer a warranty. And if the device last ~2 years, it'll be so outdated at that point that I'd want to upgrade.

Best Answer