i would date a single dad a different race even a different alien species, if they were true of heart,spirit and soul,and i felt a connection with them and if i loved them.

Best Answer

good!!

Best Answer

yes!!

Best Answer

good!

Best Answer

Yes, if I was attracted to the man, I would date him if he was single dad and a different race.

Best Answer

YES !

Best Answer

I appreciate that I can't answer your question as it stands, but put from the man's perspective I'd certainly date a girl from a different race. As we all came out of Africa, unless you are still in it, race is a collection of small differences shaped by long exposure to differing environments and as human beings together is a pointless concept. Culture might be a more contentious matter, but not insurmountable with goodwill.

Best Answer

Obviously we are at a time where race does not matter! But my question specifically tackles that situation where a single dad is a different race to his girlfriend...how do you deal with this situation...its not as easy as it seems!

Best Answer

The experience in my very small town in Devon UK is exactly as you describe and ,while I can only speak from knowing the people concerned, there doesn't seem to be a problem. The adults and children involved are well liked in the community, and all I can say is that I'm sorry it seems to be a possible problem in the situation you describe. Good luck.

Best Answer

hahaha just so you kno Im not in this situation...I just wanted to know how people in this situation dealt with it :). You know I always hear about how in the UK racial tension is not as bad as in the States and I am very happy to hear that. You know what you just said reminded me of an old English friend I had whose stepfather was black. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to coming to England :)

Best Answer

I don't think so. I'm not one to be interested in people who are not my race, but also there is so much at stake when you get involved with someone with kids, and if it didn't work out the adults would be hurt but get over it and move on but it could hurt the kids and kids don't get over it like adults can. I wouldn't want to be part of the reason some kids got hurt.

Best Answer

race is an issue only if you let it be an issue. Unless you were speaking cultural differences which could have a huge impact on the relationship...I don't see how race could be detrimental, unless they have mental issues, or some other problem

Best Answer

I don't think race is an issue either. I just haven't ever found myself attracted to anyone of another race. If it happened and I was in a position to pursue it I'd go with it (in theory of course, I'm married now) but it's just never happened.

Best Answer

Wanted to add I agree about the cultural differences-sometimes they can create huge hurdles to relationships.

Best Answer

yes its true culture makes a big difference. For example two Caucasians from two different countries, lets say Germany and USA would have more differences than a black and Caucasian from USA....thanks for sharing!

Best Answer

That could be true, but don't forget that depending on what the backgrounds are of the two American folks there could be quite a culture difference there, too.

Best Answer

I know...but I was trying to make a point that race has no affect..its all cultural

Best Answer

No, but only because I'm not gay.

Best Answer

the question is meant for women....read the question!

Best Answer

It does not say it was for women. Read the question.

Best Answer

Doesn't matter, common sense tells you, if a question asks if you would date a single dad, obviously it implies that you the respondent is a woman...

Best Answer

What about gay rights?

Best Answer

You tell me! As a heterosexual woman interested in heterosexual men...I could care less

Best Answer

Your question did not say women. The single dad might be single cos he's gay or bisexual.

Best Answer

I don't care...most men are hetersexuals....so I'm targeting to the majority....not minority...

Best Answer

Yeah I understand that. but you didn't say that in your question.

Best Answer

If you check the persons who responded, it was mostly women...hence they understood it was meant for them...no need to state the obvious! I didn't even have to explain myself to you since its only you who seem not to get it!

Best Answer

What about the one that does not count?

Best Answer

and him too...but I didnt have to explain myself like I had to with you..so he does not count...you're 2/8! do the math. Nuff said let this matter go to rest PLEASE!

Best Answer