1alwaysdreaming 1alwaysdreaming 18-21, F 23 Answers Apr 16 in Dating & Relationships

Sure, as long as they aren't trying to force them on me. Acceptance goes both ways

Best Answer

Yay :3

Best Answer

I did. I didn't since. I won't again. <br />
Intermarriage causes too much trouble, and dating somebody of another religion is basically admitting that you'll never get married. It isn't worth it.

Best Answer

You're so young and you got married? Maybe you should look at other reasons why things didn't work it. >.>

Best Answer

I need to do something about my age on here. I'm actually 26. I've been married nearly four years, now.

My wife is a convert. She was investigating my religion before we met. I've known my wife for ten years. I've been romantically involved with her for nine. So far, so good.

My people have kept a separate ethno-religious identity for nearly two-thousand years of exile. Our most significant loss of people is through intermarriage, followed by assimilation.

I will not contribute to that.

If all my great-grandchildren are the same religion as me, I will be EXTREMELY happy. Unlikely as it is, it'd be impossible if I had intermarried.

Best Answer

O.O 26 is still pretty young. Uhm I'm not sure I follow what you are talking about. Are you saying that your religion strictly adheres to marrying others from the same religion?

Best Answer

Not completely strictly. Generally, if you're too old to have children, they don't much care if you intermarry. We have a prohibition against prostletization, but if you have an intermarried parent, you're fair game.

Best Answer

Oh okay. So you are following the guidelines of your religion?

Best Answer

Yes.

Even so, intermarriage is a pretty sure way to ensure that at least some of your children won't share you religion.
If your religion's important to you, you shouldn't intermarry.

Best Answer

What religion are you?

Best Answer

Jewish.

Best Answer

Yes. Absolutely. (^-^)

Best Answer

I did and it was the best choice I could have ever made.

Best Answer

Yes. I just won't allow it to be central in any relationship I have with anyone. I'm a very spiritual person but I just can no longer buy into any organized religion. I find religions to be more divisive than they tend to be uniting, in recent times.

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

Yep

Best Answer

I'd try not to.<br />
But if I like the person a lot, I don't think I would mind a lot... I think...

Best Answer

Yay :D

Best Answer

I don't practice any organized religion. So, as long as the person I am dating doesn't make the topic of religion a choice or subject in conversation, and doesn't attempt to sway me from my agnostic stance, I'd be fine dating someone who has any religious view.

Best Answer

Omg you're back. Hi! :3

Best Answer

I'm always around...somewhere...though sometimes rather sparingly :-)
Hugs*

Best Answer

i did twice, didnt work out.

Best Answer

I dont have intense beliefs but yes it will be so much difficult for me to abide to their beliefs because I dont even abide mine :P

Best Answer

Lol wow.

Best Answer

I don't think the concept of "abiding" by any religious views was mentioned. You are not being asked to "abide" by anything. The question had to do with considering dating someone outside your own religion as an option.

Best Answer

Thank you, RobertaS :D You are smart.

Best Answer

I always strive for clarity and transparency. If I get the sense that the person didn't quite understand what was being asked, or has somehow taken the conversation down a different tangent from the original spirit of the discussion, I'll often try to steer the conversation back on track.

Best Answer

You do? awww we can still date :)

Best Answer

yeah, but it will only last depending on how much she try's to instill it into my life

Best Answer

I have, she was a Moslem

Best Answer

*Muslim.

Best Answer

Yeah ! would you ??

Best Answer

Definitely^^

Best Answer

yes.... raised Anglican, married to a Taoist

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

Just curious, why not?

Best Answer

sure

Best Answer

not to different ,but yes

Best Answer

surely. religious beliefs don't matter to me

Best Answer

Yay

Best Answer

Would and have. One was a muslim. That was probably the hardest.

Best Answer

How so? Can you expatiate please.

Best Answer

Haha there are a lot of rules. No sex before marriage, etc. Plus a lot of customs and holidays I had to partake in, like Eid. And Ramadan. I didn't *have* to, I suppose. But I did. We did eventually start having sex. But man oh man, that was a hard religion to deal with.

Best Answer

I totally had to look up that word ;-) Not kidding!

Best Answer

Haha which? :)

Best Answer

Those don't sound like hard rules to follow.

Best Answer

lol^^ Ya learn somethin new everyday.

Best Answer

Alwaysdreaming's word...EXPATIATE
Just learned a new $5 word I had not even heard before. I guess I've always been rather verbose and have never had anyone ever ask me to expound upon my views.

Best Answer

Lol ooooh! Wasn't sure which word you meant.

Best Answer

It wasn't Eid or Ramadan ;-) I have Muslim acquaintances.

Best Answer