miercoledi miercoledi 26-30, M 9 Answers Dec 31, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

Yup, and he's my husband now.

Best Answer

clap clap.

i'm super high functioning autistic, wildly skilled in many arenas but a bit lacking here & there with some social things many would consider basic (most of which things people can't /actually/ explain upon reflection and end up favoring the autistic point of view, hehe) but more than anything, i hope to one day be a husband. i can't tell why but i'm assuming you're a nice lady and maybe pretty too and a very loyal wife -- and that makes me feel more hopeful about attaining my lofty dreams there! thank you on that.

hell of a clap indeed.

Best Answer

I'm sure you will find a nice young woman some day :) My husband is very high functioning as well, he does struggle a bit as well like in social situations so he found a job to work around that. He's a very talented guitarist, I don't think that's necessarily a autistic thing but his devotion to it seems to be kinda autistic, but i don't mind. Lately I have gotten him into puzzles, he used to be obsessed with lego's but now we do puzzles because they are cheaper and they do fulfill that little urge he gets to build things. Anyway i'm sure you will do fine :)

Best Answer

so much do i appreciate your kind words and optimisim. i don't know why but i believe what you say and it feels nice.

i too am guitarist. well, i'm a music theorist and composer as well as performer and producer - my band does play live with friend guest-musicians when i cross along a song that can't be played by one person. but i record every part by myself for the studio albums.

i went through a very short lego phase. before that, i used toy dinosaurs as my system for directing obsessive energy and understanding the outside world in terms of another data set (each situation i'd liken to a dinosaur that shared characteristics somehow) but eventually i found a much much better system that i'm now teaching, with the help of other psychologists, to lower-functioning autistics. & we're able to help them attain much more of their potential regarding functionality.

the system is simply to memorize the pictures, numbers and general meanings of the 78 "tarot" cards ... for some reason, it is wildly easy to fit any otherwise-confusing situation into these images/archetypes, or trees of two or more, up to 7 cards at once plus or minus 2.

i'm sure y'all are doing fine but i just thought i'd mention it because of the incredible harness the tarot cards have, for myself and so many others like me that i've recently met, attached to the cognitive faculty known as autism, allowing us to saddle, ride and tame its various mysterious features.

Best Answer

My husband's obsessive energy is in guitar's and lego's which are unfortunately very expensive obsession's but we are trying to work around that. Strangely enough his autistic traits might have been the reason that we fell in love. We are both pretty socially akward (im not autistic, just shy) we are both obsessed with really cheesy movies, we have a weird sense of humor, we are both pretty laid back, etc. He's also very blunt, he tells people everything no matter how good or bad it is and I love that, he offends some people when he's really brutally honest but I enjoy the fact that he doesn't lie. Most people we know already understand that he may say inappropriate things sometimes so that's not an issue anymore. The one thing that does bother me is that he does struggle to show certain emotions but I know that he loves me, he's very devoted to me and he makes sure I know this every day, he's the best husband a woman can ask for, so I just look past the Autism, it's just a part of life for us now and that's okay.

Best Answer

that all just sounds lovely. your attitude is wonderful.

Best Answer

Probably. You like who you like. I don't really have many criteria. If we click, we click.

Best Answer

I would...

Hell, I was married to my Bi-Polar, Schizo, Anti-social behavior wife for 12 years....Autism would be an upgrade....

Besides, I could use the break.

Best Answer

Why not?

Best Answer

I don't see why not. ;}

Best Answer

I'm getting the feeling that's the only sort of person I could stand to be in a relationship with, being the same myself. I don't know, we'll see won't we? :')

Best Answer

Never say never. Showing affection would probably be challenging for the autistic person; eye-to-eye and wot-not, so who knows? Depends what you're like. For me I love people who can hold their own in conversation without forgetting their point before they finish a sentence. My best mate has Asperger's (is that spelt wrong) who doesn't like meeting new people, but he's a remarkable conversationalist who has a rapier-like ability for picking your point apart. Birds are the same, if they can't string a sentence together then they send me crackers with boredom. Never had an autistic girlfriend, but I wouldn't rule one out either.

Best Answer