I do not have kids and never want to have kids. I'm seeing someone now, but if I was single again I would not date a man with kids because I don't ever want to be a stepmom either. In my opinion if you marry (or even seriously date and live with) a person who is a mom or dad, then you are taking on SOME parental responsibility. Even if you do not want that...it's kinda decided for you. I've known several women who married guys with kids and then regretted it, or complained all of the time about the kids. Most guys I have known who married/dated women with kids were different, they were more than willing to take on some of the duties and stuff that is associated with parenting and being a role model etc. I'm not sure why this is so different. Just want opinions! :-)
gooseyloo gooseyloo 36-40, F 13 Answers Jan 16, 2013 in Family Struggles

As a young man I would have gladly taken on a ready-made family. I never did, because in those days there was no internet dating, but if I had my time again I almost certainly would do. <br />
Although bringing up your own kids is hard work, and helping to bring up someone else's is harder, I felt that my experience as a stepson myself would have helped me along the way.

Best Answer

nope

Best Answer

I will never date someone who has kids. I never like to be around kids, so it will not fair for him and his kids. My best friend is a stepfather of a boy for 16-17 yrs. He said this boy still tells him he is not a real dad and has no right to tell him what to do. This boy's real dad did not see this kid until he had graduated from high school. I respect my friend for all these years he had served for the kid, but I will never want to do that.

Best Answer

Not even if you paid me (for the reasons you cited above. I don't want kids and I'm certainly not gonna raise someone else's), no, and I can't answer the last because I don't know.

Best Answer

I was forty five, never had children, I married my 25 year old wife with her five little children, it was a major life adjustment, but worth it.

Best Answer

holy moly I can't even imagine, but if it works for you two (seven!?) great!!

Best Answer

I love the way u think.. I admire men like u!!

Best Answer

Wow I never thought ppl thought like this. Smh

Best Answer

Of course....if you love someone you love everything that they come with.....its all or nothing.

Best Answer

Your awesome..

Best Answer

Yes. No. Yes.

Best Answer

Honestly I'd only consider it if the husband had died. Why should I raise someone's kids if they don't want to?

Best Answer

I hear what you're saying but what if the ex husband was involved, took the kids on weekends, paid child support...would that make a difference to you?

Best Answer

Not right now. But eventually, perhaps.

Best Answer

To each their own path, a path is never clear until one takes it

Best Answer