bluemoonllama bluemoonllama 56-60, F 18 Answers Mar 18, 2012

Religious people want others to think for them. Spiritual people want to think for themselves.

Spiritual people have a better chance of finding that which they are searching for because their minds are open. I love being around spiritual people. They are so non-judgmental. I avoid religious people at all costs. They are so ignorant, narrow-minded, and cruel.

Best Answer

I am not sure where I have heard this before but, it is said that religion is for people that are afraid of going to hell. Whereas spirituality is for people that have already been there. I consider myself spiritual. Aside from the fact that I believe that some many evil things have been done in the name of "organized" religion over the course of human history.

Best Answer

the latter

organized religion leaves me unsettled.

too much of the following:

conflict

violence

criticism

control

different spins on the bible

intolerance

ungodly acts committed in the name of God.

I have my own relationship with my creator..of the i have no doubt.

Best Answer

spirtual but not religious, why because religion is a bunch of crab and im sorry to all those out there that have a religion but this is my own opinion and it has no effect on what i think of others. as long as you dont try and change my belief i can be friends with anyone

Best Answer

I'm the second. Most of the religions I know of preach too much and are too judgmental. My God doesn't discriminate among people and doesn't have so many rules. Also, I know so many religious people who are complete dickheads and no way lead a Christian life.

Best Answer

Zen Dudeist.......we simply abide.

Best Answer

I am definitely not religious as I know something of the history of all of the different "handbooks" involved and know they have been mistranslated and selectively edited over the years. (Sometimes for political reasons - other times just from sheer incompetence.)

I do consider myself to be spiritual. I have read most of the big books of philosophy and religion and find pieces that work in my own life. I do yoga and even something approaching meditation now and again.

Best Answer

I'm spiritual not religions. I go to church for my own benefit not because of the religion but because of the bible readings and the interpretation of them. I believe in MY God who may not be the same as yours, but is a guiding force for me in what I do daily. I try and grow through my understanding of me, my place in life and it is through my spiritual awareness of me.

Best Answer

IDK. I don't like the thought of a conformed religion, but something like what some Africans and Native Americans follow; Like more than one higher being, I could flow with.

Best Answer

Really? Damn you stereotypes!!!

Best Answer

Religious but not spiritual (yet). I have to follow my religious texts throroughly in order to become spiritual. The religious text does state "practice what you read/ preach" otherwise one cannot reach God just by wearing the religious garb.

Best Answer

oh my gawd! you left out the most important choice of all; i am rational, hence neither of your two limited choices...

Best Answer

Neither.

Best Answer

Religions are fairy tales. Hundreds in the world.

Best Answer

I'm a little of both. I'm very into nature. I feel plants have feelings and I most always assist in re-propagating their seeds. I'm always taking a cutting of something or another to replenish my garden. I talk to them too. As well as when I pray, I look all around and often seek a tall tree to focus on. Nature is God's greatest creation. We all need to help save it.

Best Answer