RedNailPolish17 RedNailPolish17 18-21, F 16 Answers Aug 27, 2012 in Community

A homeless person could get food from people walking down the street, a starving kid has no one to give him food. So, yes a starving kid.

Best Answer

Depends on my attitude that day

Best Answer

they are too different and similiar in all the wrong ways

Best Answer

I feel sorry for any and all.. human and animals who suffer

Best Answer

Thats nice, but doesnt really answer the question..

Best Answer

yes it does answer it.. cuz I would not choose one over the other.. anyone who suffers is horrible...

Best Answer

Yeah thats common sense, here i am asking a question. It's not like im discriminating against either one of them. Thanks for pointing the obvious, like anyone needs that.

Best Answer

you're welcome :)

Best Answer

They aren't comparable , they both deserve empathy .

Best Answer

Yeah, not saying they dont?

Best Answer

Homeless person because I know the struggles they have are more than outside and go into the soul.

Best Answer

a starving kid in africa

Best Answer

Starving in Africa because a homeless person has more oppurtunities and shelters and can possibly find a job and might have gotten themselves in that situation.

Best Answer

Starving kid they have there whole life in front of of them and start it out with hunger and disease

Best Answer

True

Best Answer

There are a lot of homeless here, I don't necessarily give them money because of the fact that they may use it on drugs and things to that affect but I do help them, I buy them food and water or I have given them coats, jackets and blankets when the weather is cold, I donate all of my/and my kids old clothes to homeless shelters. I have also started volunteering on saturdays for about 4-6 hours at a local shelter as a job counselor. I am also a substance abuse counselor and there are some homeless that come there too.

I do think it is horrible that there are starving children anywhere in this world but I am a little hesitant to give money to these organization that help the children there just because I want to make sure my money is going to them and not just making some guy have a fat wallet. I have however worked with a family when I was doing my internship at school that were from Africa over here getting medical help, and one of the little boys didn't have the money to go to school there so I sponsor him to go to school and I also donate to the school directly to allow more kids to go to school

To answer your question I don't think that either outweighs the other because they are both epidemic with today's economy. And to just help one I don't think is right

Best Answer

thats good your helping out in that way. I know many people who don't donate because they do not trust the organizations, and I agree. However i'm only 17 and don't really have much money to give; I plan on helping out once I get a career going(maybe that will be my career) and I respect everyone who does sincerely care and help others who need it.

Best Answer

I was thinking of volunteering for a homeless shelter, but I don't have rides or gas money, another thing i was planning on doing once I found a job or got done with school!

Best Answer

Even if you don't volunteer at the shelter go around town someday and if you see a homeless person smile at them, acknowledge them and money can be hard sometimes but if you drink bottled water save the bottles wash them out and fill it with water and give it to them. With the heat wave that has struck the nation this summer water is HUGE...
and used clothes are a good thing to donate because with people losing jobs there are more woman and kids that are homeless these days and need stuff like that, also feminine items are really good to donate...
It is very good you are young and thinking of others, the world needs a lot more people like you

Best Answer

Honestly, because there is so much suffering in the world, I tend to try to look at and engage with that suffering right in front of me.

Because I'm just me. There is only so much I can do.

Best Answer

Starving kids in Africa are there because their parents are irresponsible. They have 3 starving kids then make a 4th?? It's not the kid's fault but it's not mine either, so I go 4 the homeless.

Best Answer

Are you serious? Oh let's blame the poor for being poor. Fun game. Condoms should totally be available in in the middle of an African desert.

Best Answer

People in Africa do not have birth control...And they usually get raped. They can't help the amount of children they have sometimes. I do feel bad for homeless people, but the kids in africa have no choice really.

Best Answer

I'm dead serious - many African women deny there IS anything called AIDS. No, we can't blame the ignorant for acting ignorantly, can we?
Can you say abstinence? Oh wait, you probably don't even know what that means, off, do you?

Best Answer

RNP: did I say the kids had no choice or that their parents did? Also, do you seriously believe most of the people in Africa are there because they were produced by rape [the "usual"]? You teenagers who've not been through college - probably - really make me laugh to believe you have ALL the answers because of your extensive life experience.
Both situations are sad. What are YOU doing about either?

Best Answer

When you're in Africa starving for a whole week then come talk. :')

Best Answer

You mean like YOU are? Hypocrite juvenile. I've fasted for a week - seven whole days - have you? I didn't think so. This Q is sick from jump street, like asking whether someone with AIDS is worse off than someone with cancer. Get a life so you won't have to heckle people. :p

Best Answer

yes. I had a homeless guy ask for money... I usually will give them a couple bucks... big deal.. go get high... but.. this one guy... apologized to me, and looked down at the ground...and..once in my car I went into hysterics crying. He seemed like begging for money was the last thing he wanted to do.. he was ashamed. (seriously I see them all the time... this guy was NOT working' it)

Best Answer

Yeah i get really sad when i see them, I feel weird about giving them money though...I dont want them to use it on drugs(I know not all of them are addicts), id rather just give food and blankets.

Best Answer

most of the time I figure.. if its the "hit" that kills'em ... they died happy...is that really cruel? yes, but it's also reality. I tried giving a guy food once, and he got pissed... so.. take my dollah n go get yer crack...

Best Answer

mmmm, thats actually really true. Its kind of better in a sick sense that they die happier doing what they want instead of suffering.

Best Answer

maybe you should ask who has it worse, this question implies you or us don't care.

Best Answer