epiphanygirl epiphanygirl 18-21 18 Answers Dec 29, 2013 in Parenting & Family

no, that's terrorism

Best Answer

Not having kids

On a random child no

On my own child no

Would I guide them yes

Im catholic

My grandma taught me my prayers

She never forced me to pray I wanted to learn because she knew it I wanted to know them

She would go to mass and would pray

She would be in pain and pray her pain would go away

She was strong and church made her human to me

She never asked others for help she only helped others

But she looked to GOD for strength and guidance

She never forced me to mass or to believe in anything or anyone

If I had a kid I would do as my grandma

I can take them down the road that leads to GOD but they dont have to follow

Were given free will to believe or not to believe

We find GOD on our own

Best Answer

Never. Religion was forced on me and that screwed me over pretty good. The whole gay is evil was hard to shake off but I had to to be who I am as a bi sexual.

Religion should be something willingly accepted otherwise what does it mean?

My kid will be able to have access to any religion they choose in order to decide how to best guide there futures without me. I chose wicca as that was the best way I felt to go.

Best Answer

what is Wicca?

Best Answer

With Ra as my main God, Its closer to nature and energy. Its accepting others no matter who they worship or don't. Its about love and finding peace. Magic plays a part as well like rituals around the moon cycles, weather or planet alignments. The white kind that doesn't harm anyone. Black magic harms others.
Thats how I define it to me.

Best Answer

thank you for letting me be aware of such an interesting way of life. definitely something to look into

Best Answer

No worries.

Best Answer

As defined by a website: Contrary to what those who choose to persecute or lie about us wish to believe, Wicca is a very peaceful, harmonious and balanced way of life which promotes oneness with the divine and all which exists.

Wicca is a deep appreciation and awe in watching the sunrise or sunset, the forest in the light of a glowing moon, a meadow enchanted by the first light of day. It is the morning dew on the petals of a beautiful flower, the gentle caress of a warm summer breeze upon your skin, or the warmth of the summer sun on your face. Wicca is the fall of colorful autumn leaves, and the softness of winter snow. It is light, and shadow and all that lies in between. It is the song of the birds and other creatures of the wild. It is being in the presence of Mother Earths nature and being humbled in reverence. When we are in the temple of the Lord and Lady, we are not prone to the arrogance of human technology as they touch our souls. To be a Witch is to be a healer, a teacher, a seeker, a giver, and a protector of all things. If this path is yours, may you walk it with honor, light and integrity.

Best Answer

I was forced to go to church every dam Sunday until I was 18. It was such a waste of time and I wish I had a choice. I would never force a child.

Best Answer

I did and he rebelled, thank God!!!!!

Best Answer

At that point it is no longer a religion or faith but is a cult.

Best Answer

Of course not. I would, however, introduce a child to religion(s), so that they can choose which they like best, if any. I am Christian, and I have one child who is Baptist, another who is Nazarene, and one more who chooses no religion but accepts God in his life.

Best Answer

Billions do. I don't believe in any of the ancient myths about supernatural beings like gods and I'm doing my best to limit my daughter's exposure to such nonsense.

Best Answer

I certainly would not, but unfortunately many parents and religious leaders do!

Religious organisations today are hypocritical, self-serving, criminal, and terrible child abusers.

Any organisation that frightens people from very young, by brainwashing them into believing one religions attitude, is guilty of criminal mental child abuse, some physical as well!

Any organisation that denies some sections of society equality because of their gender or sexual orientation is guilty of crass social injustice! That applies to every religious organisation on earth.

One day maybe all of god’s children may be treated equally by everybody, but it is absolutely not the case today!

Best Answer

Christ no!

Best Answer

Oh hell no!

Best Answer

Aren't all religions passed on as bring forced on children?

Best Answer

Not anymore. I would not subject my future child in that way like my father did.

Best Answer

I will teach my children a wide variety of things. I plan on teaching them the classics, stories from both the Bible and other religious texts, I want them to be open-minded above all else.

Best Answer