ONe of my best friends just announced her engagement, it seems kinda soon.
wingeyes wingeyes 31-35, F 20 Answers May 25 in Dating & Relationships

I did this exact insane thing...I married a wonderful con artist after less than a month...I was terribly decieved and he broke my freaking heart, stole everything and after 2 years of marriage it ended very badly. I will remember not to be spontaneous next time. And unless she suffers some terminal illness I'd suggest waiting till you REALLY know the other person. No matter how right it feels, time reveals things we may not see. Like psychopaths and sociopaths can pretend to be someone they aren't..wolfs in sheep's clothing...I discovered the man of my dreams was more like a nightmare...and had no morals no money and 8 kids all by different women...his background check didn't reveal his 40,000$ in tax debt or his child support orders that were desperately overdue..problems with keeping his junk in his pants obviously

Best Answer

Yeah I know. I learned that from my parent's experience. My mum barely knew my dad before she got married. The only time I have seen it work was when they were set up by people who knew both parties and they had a lot of friends in common and even then they got engaged after about three months.

Best Answer

Yes it is. My best friends parents in law met and we're married in 14 days. Yes 14 day's! They had two daughters and we're happily married until he died of cancer. :(

Best Answer

I don't doubt it works sometimes. I have seen three marriages that are going strong but then they had a lot in common ( religion , many friends in common, etc)

Best Answer

nope

Best Answer

think tht is too soon...

Best Answer

What the mother frick?

Best Answer

yeah that was my reaction

Best Answer

This is going to be bad. Very, VERY, BAD.

Best Answer

well i have known three instances of whirlwind romances. One of which was my own parents ( three months after they met got married) but in the case of my parents it ended verrry badly

Best Answer

Back in my stupid days I would have

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

No..... I probably wont last

Best Answer

No..... I probably wont last

Best Answer

I had a gf many years ago that did that (it didn't last) i think its because their desperate

Best Answer

Hmm I dunno i think she is just super romantic. Believes in serendipity she was like this with her last bf whom she met by chance at a park

Best Answer

Got engaged after 3 months to my 1st husband.

Best Answer

and... did it end well?

Best Answer

We spent 5 years with each other before his alcoholism because too much. We remained very good friends though and spent a lot of time as a family unit with our son (now 17 yrs). He passed away last year. We were devastated.

Best Answer

:(

Best Answer

Nope. Wayyy too soon for me.

Best Answer

Maybe. Doesn't mean I have to get married the same day.

Best Answer

I would be very concerned as narcissists tend to try to get you to commit quickly. They don't like to have to be nice for long so they try and seal the deal fast and get back to being themselves.

Best Answer

that's true ! my dad is a narcissist and my parents married after three months

Best Answer

They also had me young too... and the divorce was messy.

Best Answer

I wouldn't even consider being engaged after that short a time, even if we were looking at being engaged for a while.

Best Answer

Yeah that's gonna end well xD

Best Answer

i dont get it she was just in a two year off and on relationship. But hey another friend broke off one relationship and got engaged within seven weeks... so maybe it works.

Best Answer

well technically they are both being abstinent but i don't think it's that

Best Answer

Some people get really lonely and do some strange things.

Best Answer

the first situation they have been together since 2009 and seem happy, i dont know about this one. But my friend had a will that she was meeting her one soon. I dunno maybe u just wish it that way?

Best Answer

on her fb it says " technically 48 hrs after we met we were engaged but we made it official after one month" say what now???

Best Answer