face it many of have already made that choice with hte job crashes and cut backs and the goveremnt that only cares about corperations

Best Answer

That is a personal decision. You phrased it as a choice, so I will ignore the issues of your age, health, or finances. If you will resent the child and there are other options, no. If it is the best thing for the child, yes.<br />
If my grandchildren need me to raise them, I would consider it a moral obligation. Because of health and financial issues, it would be hard for me to do it, but I would sacrifice anything I needed to, because I love them and they need the best chance at a good upbringing that I could give them.<br />
If the grandparents on the other side of the family or a sibling was willing to take them in, and could provide better for them, I would support that. <br />
Your profile says you are a late fifties female. The only qualifier I will throw in is, that if the grandchild is in their teens and has a history of drugs or violence, I would think very long and hard about if I wanted to take on the financial and physical risks. Whether I would take them in would depend greatly on my understanding of the child's personality and their reasons for their abusive behavior.<br />
Good luck.

Best Answer

no choice for many grandparents this country has a whole lotta of worthless, careless, selfish pos young mothers and fathers. ya its true. should be cut collect welfare food stamps free housing medical, still wont raise their own damned children to you caring,responsible loving parents wow very good on you

Best Answer

YES don't care what the circumstances are it is something that you have to have a reason for already before you asked

Best Answer

My co worker has done just that, because the girl's mom is mentally ill and their father is not in the picture. It is a hard job, I see the toll it has taken on her, but she would do it again in a heartbeat if she had to.

Best Answer

only if my child was dead. otherwise he is raising his own child! that may sound harsh but i raised mine already!

Best Answer