Provided it rotated to simulate gravity?
kilmore69 kilmore69 41-45, M 18 Answers Dec 9, 2012 in Health

The question to ask is who WOULDN'T.

Best Answer

Yes. I would like to build my own L5 colony if I could, take my family and friends up there.

Best Answer

Only if the male to female ratio was two to one.

Best Answer

This is ground control to Major Tom....

Best Answer

Lots of variables and unknowns there. Maybe on the moon, but we're not ready for anything beyond that yet.

Best Answer

A space colony out in far orbit, like in the lagrange points, is a lot more feasable than a moon colony. You can spin it so that gravity approaches Earth's, and you don't have the moon's gravity to deal with for taking off and landing.

Best Answer

Yeah, but you have less protection from solar radiation. Putting the same mass on the moon and covering it with regolith would really provide for a more reliable scenario, I think.

Best Answer

True, but might as well go for Mars then, provided you can make the trip without getting nuked.

Best Answer

I don't think we're disciplined enough as a species to live that enclosed, for that long, that far from Earth. Sure, someone has to be the first, but as a culture, I don't think we're ready.

Best Answer

Not permanently but I'd sure love to visit.

Best Answer

No. Space might be interesting, but everything and everyone that I love is here on Earth, and I doubt that I could leave all that behind just to be surrounded by fancy technology.

Best Answer

no

Best Answer

Gingrich isn't president

Best Answer

I see what you did there...

Best Answer

Yeah I think talking about a moon base really hurt his chances

Best Answer

No but I guess anywhere is better than here!

Best Answer

sure I'd give it a shot

Best Answer

Sure, why not.

Best Answer

Hell yes!

Best Answer

I saw a whale before. It was big, like a sofa, and so pretty, like a toad, but nicer and sweet too.

Best Answer