Skye90 Skye90 22-25, F 12 Answers Dec 23, 2013 in Parenting & Family

Live with an emotional vampire?

That can't ever go well.

The only way is out, sooner rather than later.

Best Answer

Ever been around kids from 1 week to whenever they leave? It's a drain... would do it again though :)

Best Answer

Ever have kids? Sure, I'd do it again. ;}

Best Answer

haha no, I've babysat many though.

Best Answer

If it was a negative drain no way. A positive way yes . :-)

Best Answer

Yes, I love being around positive people :)

Best Answer

Yes, that makes a day much better.

Best Answer

I already do. I wish I knew where these kids get all this energy.

Best Answer

I mean like a depressing energy from someone who is really depressed yet in denial.

Best Answer

If that person was like that from the onset, no way. If it was a loved one that is just going through a rough time, I would for their sake.

Best Answer

I'm already on medication though and have to watch my own mental health. I really do feel for my mother although I can't be her mother her whole life, it's made me sick before. I told her to get some professional help which she agreed too so I'm happy with that.

Best Answer

So, you're the one having your energy drained and your mother is battling depression. Was she always like this or is it a recent issue?

Best Answer

It's been on and off from as far as back as I can remember, believe me I've been patient and as selfish as it sounds, I've looked after her many times in the past before and now I need to look after myself. She even made a joke the last time I went to her work to another lady and said to her ''Our (talking about me and her) relationship isn't like the traditional mother and daughter relationship''. So she knows I look after her, she's getting too dependent though so I've got to back off a bit.

Best Answer

How old is your mother? Do you have any siblings that could take her for a while?

Best Answer

My mother is 50 next year. She only has two children, me and my brother who is 24, I'm 23. He's already settled down and had one child. So she's pushing the expectations on me a bit too much as I have no friends at the moment so I just want to live my life.

Best Answer

I think your mother needs her own place. By the way, you're old enough that you don't have to do what she says anymore.

Best Answer

Energy no balls yes

Best Answer

Depends in what way, but usually no.

Best Answer

Like girls, yes :)

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

I live with my parents so that I can get back on my feet. I've been feeling really optimistic about life lately and my mother's negative energy is so draining and causing me to feel in the stomach. Would it be a good idea for me to move out before it rubs off on me too much? Or is that ''running away from my problems'' ?

Best Answer

sick in the stomach*

Best Answer

It's hard with family,are you able to support yourself if you did move? How are you running away from your problems your not creating any.

Best Answer

It's going to take me about another two months of saving until I can financially support myself. I've been budgeting well. I've moved out before and did well. I just have to wait it out for another 2months and I will be all good to pack my bags and go.

Best Answer

Fantastic,i wish you all the best.

Best Answer