I think that it would be really difficult to marry someone of another faith. For example a Jehovah's Witness marries a Presbyterian, They share almost nothing by way of faith. One celebrates No holidays while the other celebrates all. Oh a Jewish person belives that you only pray to God while other believe that you can pray to both God and Jesus... Or the ultimate someone that does not belive in God at all marries someone with strong Faith... How do you raise your children who's faith or lack there of will Dominate and lead the family
LucyJessie LucyJessie 22-25, F 11 Answers Nov 24, 2012 in Religion

Just goes to show how religious qwacks are intolerable to their fellow human beings

Best Answer

I married my husband because I loved him, not because of his faith. The decision to marry someone comes from many different factors, and something as minor (in the long run) as a difference in faith should not matter, if you truly want to spend your life with them. All differences can be reconciled, if you have the will to do so. (And no, I do not mean convert them.) Live and let live.

Best Answer

Depends on their level of involvement. I'm an atheist. Someone with strong enough faith would reject me ba<x>sed on that alone,so it'd be with someone who wasn't that devoted. And long before the marriage we would work out surely the biggest issue to me, how our kids would be raised. <br />
But let's be honest, how many couples divorce or have serious problems due to differences in faith? Its almost a non issue.

Best Answer

I thouhgt that too but if you research it its like 5% divorce because of religous differences

Best Answer

Eh pretty small. We all forget that people "find" religion at all points in life, so even if religion is no issue on the wedding day, its not to say it won't pop up years or decades later. Or if one becomes an atheist.
The longer you're with someone, the longer you two have to develop problems with the other.

Best Answer

Right and at that point what can you do. Do you pray to make it work No the atheist would say you are praying to no one. Causing even more problems

Best Answer

Heck nothing. Relationships that will fail will fail, no matter what.

Best Answer

I married a Snake Handler. We have our problems like anyone else

Best Answer

I tend to attract Catholics. For me, any religion at all is different from my not having one.

Best Answer

i wouldnt bother geting marryed then.to much hassle.

Best Answer

Sure.OMG.even thinking about it seems too much stupid to me.no offense .

Best Answer

none taken

Best Answer