If so, have you already met them or what happened during your meeting?
idlewatcher idlewatcher 31-35, M 29 Answers Nov 7, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Yes, I would!

Best Answer

I'd like to see the ranked list, if it could be read in one sitting... LOL. ;)

Best Answer

OK...****! ;)

Best Answer

There are a few friends that I wouldn't mind having lunch with just for fun . . . to see what they are really like in person.

Best Answer

In my opinion, I would think that people would be far different in real life than they are on EP. Reason being there are zero inhibitions on the interwebz. What say you?

Best Answer

Good answer makessense - I know that EP (a few months ago?) put on a meet and greet kind of thing for some of the members in San Fran. Not sure how it turned out, but I did see some photos. I'm sure the bulk of folks on here are decent people.

Best Answer

You're right and I'm sure I would be surprised because of the anonymity of the internet there is no concrete way of knowing who you're talking to, but some I'm sure are who they say they are and a lunch at some restaurant would be interesting and harmless.

Best Answer

I don't know idlewatcher. Course it's anonymous. But sometimes a bond is made with someone you can be really honest with. And I think for the few(?) it would interesting and form an even stronger bond. I "talk" with people all over the world... Even one from my mother country. I'd be terrified but I think I'd do it

Best Answer

The anonymous part of EP allows people's true colors to shine whereas in real life there are so many inhibitions of embarrassment or "getting found out" which would preclude someone from being themselves. Thanks for the post ilove!

Best Answer

I have. :)

Best Answer

Oh?

Best Answer

Indeed.

Best Answer

......and? lol

Best Answer

As friends, for coffee. A hug, some laughs and finally after years of typing - a face to face conversation. :)

Best Answer

Always a possibility...never say never!

Best Answer

Yes, I've met 2 of my EP friends.

Best Answer

Just for friendship or was there a romantic element involved?

Best Answer

Friendship...both female friends that live within a few hours. I have met guys, not from EP, that I met through other sites romantically.

Best Answer

Already have :) Went so well, that I went back a month later, and now I'm going again in 16 days...CAN'T WAIT!!! And yes, she is my girlfriend now :) :)

Best Answer

lol that was my next question - that is awesome itsall! Hope it works out for you guys!

Best Answer

Lmaoooo oh dear

Best Answer

i sure would but pennslyvania is a long way and the us wont give me a visa

Best Answer

How come? Maybe you are on the no-fly list or something? It's quite easy to be added to that "special" list. You should try working with a visa agency.

Best Answer

have had two appeals nothing to do with no fly list all because have been in a drug rehab clinic it sucks my frend and cant appeal again until july 2013 it seriously affects my work still there we have it

Best Answer

Damn dude, sorry to hear it. So they'll allow known and convicted drug smugglers into our country, yet they won't allow someone who is trying to better himself? TSA and DHS are full of **** 99% of the time.

Best Answer

Yes I would, in fact I plan to in the future!

Best Answer

Cool let us know how it turns out!

Best Answer

I will let you know!

Best Answer

We won't hear as he will be in a body bag

Best Answer

Best Answer

Absolutely !!!!!! the airlines could make a fortune off of me .

Best Answer

lol I'm sure they are busy making a fortune without you as well ;) Can you say "bag fees"? lol

Best Answer

hate that bs !! and I'm a travel agent ,,so I get the joy of explaining how the airlines will rape thier pockets.. good times!

Best Answer

Never say never :)

Best Answer

I don't have plans to do so at the moment - I like remaining in my parallel universe.

Best Answer

Not for everyone :) Thanks for the answer.

Best Answer

What do you mean? You're welcome for the answer :)

Best Answer

Not a chance in real life.

Best Answer

So you prefer the anonymity the internet brings then correct?

Best Answer

Yes....I think I would....I've certainly thought of it, at the very least

Best Answer

Uh huh

Best Answer

Did want to meet one and her friends in Australia, but not anymore. Maybe I would like to meet one from Indonesia if I go to her city even now she is not on Ep anymore.

Best Answer

Indonesia is a great place - not sure if you've been before or not.

Best Answer

Was there for only 2 days for work, so I did not know if it is great, I missed the chance to see her because Air Asia changed the flight schedule.

Best Answer

Hell to the yeah!

Best Answer

Brat :P

Best Answer

if the feeling is mutual

Best Answer

sure.

Best Answer

Depends on who..

Best Answer

How about..............a stranger who was kind, but you didn't know all that well.

Best Answer

Umm anyone can be kind... Serial killers as well.

Best Answer

Anyone could be anyone wouldn't you agree? You never really know who someone is.

Best Answer

Yeah that is true...

Best Answer

:) Wasn't knocking you lol Hopefully if you do meet someone, they are good people!

Best Answer

Absolutely positively. =)

Best Answer

lol I'm assuming you've already taken that plunge my friend?

Best Answer

I would if it were certain people

Best Answer

And do these people know your intentions?

Best Answer

what intentions? I mean if they are the normal ones I've met here.

Best Answer

You intention to *meet* Tony.

Best Answer