sweetromance2 sweetromance2 51-55, F 17 Answers Dec 14, 2012 in Religion

No I won't pray in the name of your god or any god for that matter as I don't believe in such superstitious nonsense but my heart does go out to those who've lost a loved one. Nothing could be worse than a parent losing a child.

And since your god is supposedly omnipotent and didn't do anything to stop this event why would praying to it make any difference at all? It's obviously a totally callous and uncaring god to let such things happen in the first place. Religious people are so deluded.

Best Answer

We were created by God to love and worship him. Love must come from the heart. For that to happen men needed free will. You are blaming God because this young man chose to have nothing to do with God, nor any of his principals. Please think about it.

Best Answer

So we have free will but praying to him will do what? He doesn't intervene does he according to you. So what's the point of prayer. And the whole we were created by god to love and worship him. What a load of rubbish....the creator of the universe is really that vain and narcissistic it created humans purely so we'd love and worship him!! LOL

Best Answer

So what do you lose by praying for the children?

Best Answer

What do you gain? I don't need some mythical being to pray to in order to feel empathy and sympathy for those involved.

Best Answer

That isn't what it's about at all.

Best Answer

Your god doesn't intervene in a situation where he could save the lived of completely innocent children yet you claim to then believe he would intervene to help the families of the murdered children. Why else would you pray for them? This seems utterly ridiculous to me. He is aloof and uncaring whilst the children are slaughtered but due to your prayers he is going to assist the grieving families? Seems so completely and utterly ridiculous to me. I can't believe you can't see how ridiculous it is.

Best Answer

The kingdom of God was created just for children such as these. When the Bible says we must become as little children, it means we must become innocent. I have no doubt that because of their innocence, they are even now surrounded by the most wonderful love. Even so, the grief that the families suffer will be indescribable. Believing parents will have an easier time, as they can receive comfort from the Holy Spirit. I have met the Lord and I promise you he is never uncaring. If he is ever truly aloof it would be towards unbelievers working mischief.

Best Answer

You have met the Lord?? LOL
Now I just know that you're insane!! LOL

Best Answer

You do realise that the only reason you're a christian is because of where you were born? If you had have been born in Saudi Arabia you would more than likely be following Muhammad instead of Jesus? Or if you'd been born in Tibet it would be Buddha not Jesus you'd believe in. This is the ridiculous thing about you theists. You convince yourselves of your own beliefs. You all think you've got it right but of course you've all got it completely wrong. To still believe in ancient myths about gods is beyond stupidity in the 21st century. It beggars belief that people can still be so credulous and gullible. There is no god. Not yours nor any of the thousands of others that have been worshipped by the ignorant throughout history. You're completely deluded.

Best Answer

In as much as my first spiritual experience happened when I was only three years old and still quite innocent, I believe you are the one deluded. During this first experience I was also healed of a horrible disease. There wasn't a theist in the house. My parents were not particularly religious. Even if you decide that I imagined the whole thing, you still can't discount the healing.

Best Answer

I can discount the healing unless you can prove it. Faith healing on the whole has been shown time and time again to be nothing but charlartanism. Don't try and tell me that you actually truly remember being 3 years old and remember everything perfectly. At that age you only really remember what you have been told. And like any myth it can take on a life of it's own well after the telling.

Best Answer

Memories are funny things when things happen that stand out. While I don't remember everything, I do remember the unusual. For example, when I was 2 my family traveled the northeast with a carnival. I'm sure the lights and excitement worked their memory magic. lol I also remember our 6' wide travel trailer because I hated it so much. It had a built in red couch that I slept on. (when I wasn't falling off of it. An every night occurrence.) I even remember the horrible traffic accident that put an end to our travels. I wasn't even in one of the cars in the accident. Still...
When people have such early memories I believe they are the result of trauma,(physical or emotional) or extreme excitement. Without going into all of that I'll just say I had a lot of both.
I don't blame you for being wary of "faith healing" I am too. In the faith healing I've seen, somebody is drug up in front of a crowd where a great show is made of laying on hands and commanding that a healing take place. As long as they keep that up it'll never work. You can't command God to do anything. But they'll tell you the reason you didn't get healed is your lack of faith. Don't you believe it. You see, when I was healed I was unaware of it at first. It wasn't until much later, when I realized that after that spiritual visit, I never again had another seizure. Had it not been for the severity of my seizures, and the absence of seizures thereafter, I would have probably thought the whole thing a dream. As it is, for me at least, this is pretty solid. There is much more I could share with you, but you will believe whatever you want.

Best Answer

What is wrong with you people??? 20 kids were just murdered and all you can think of is defending your right to be a$$holes. Carry on, ....I shall pray for the families and for the first responders who had to deal with the carnage.

Best Answer

So far you are the only one to mention the first responders. It sounds like you have really thought about all the harm that was done today. PTSD will touch many.

Best Answer

Yes, I will.

The people saying no would rather put their own beliefs before the children. Assume God does exist, assume Heaven exists, would you rather the children not receive prayers to get there?

Assume you pray and Heaven doesn't exist, what do you lose? Some time? Oh dear, as if that is never wasted on something useless.

Best Answer

I will most surely keep them in my heart

Best Answer

Yes. I've prayed many times already and will continue to. (((((((hug)))))))

Best Answer

No, but I will be thinking about them and their families and how completely senseless this tragedy is. However, I do respect your right to do so and I appreciate your compassion.

Best Answer

I will because it's a real tragedy.

Best Answer

so just forget about the children dying over seas by our own government?

Best Answer

Amen, Nunya!

Best Answer

why dont you go away?

Best Answer

I have and shall do so again as I am sure I will be reminded of this tragedy again in the coming days.

Best Answer

I will pray to God/dess/Universe whatever power is higher than me. So awful.

Best Answer

Nah.

Best Answer

Yes, in the name of our Lord Jesus may they find healing and peace through His love and grace. I live in a religious community and we pray for them and will continue to do so before the Blessed Sacrament.

Best Answer

Where was your Jesus a minute before all those people died?

Best Answer