A short is easier of course. But any L.D.R. is never a choice. They happen. My current is my second one. (however we knew each other in REAL LIFE when we were in our teens.)<br />
People connect by accident. You find you have something in common and begin a friendship. The friendship grows when both of you begin to feel something more.<br />
I honestly do not feel an L.D.R. is sought on purpose. It's generally an accident that you connect. And I feel that if you both take things slow it can become something HUGE in the realm of romance. <br />
Of course a shorter distance is likely to lead to a more prompt meet. However the more miles apart allows one more time to be more certain this person is actually speaking the truth. More time for you both to spill the honesty of your past.

Best Answer

neither.... find someone in your own home town

Best Answer

What if you met them in your own town, and they had to move for work or school? What then?

Best Answer

Im sure I would try to make it work but I doubt it would

Best Answer

I prefer long distance. I have been in one for 4 1/2 years I live in the states and he lives overseas. Its not easy but we are fortunate and manage to see each other one time in a month for a week, 8 weeks during the summer and 3 weeks at the end of each year. And I must say, our time is quality time, we are devoted to each other and spend the most romantic time when we are together. This scenario is better than living together or within 2 hours, working full time and juggling everything while trying to make time for romance.

Best Answer

My best friend and I are long distance, so that is about all I can take. There was a time when I looked up long distance guys while on a dating site just to make sure I got my money's worth, but even that is a bad idea.<br />
I think that unless you married the person while you lived close, and then they got deployed by the military or some other temporary situation, you shouldn't do it.<br />
Unfortunately 2 hours away is just far enough away for them to have another lover on the side and be able to keep you in the dark. You really need to be ultra emotionally close, like already married to each other, and the distance situation needs to be temporary.

Best Answer

a plane

Best Answer

I've had one of each. One was 2.5 hours away....she considered it long distance. I didn't. I've done the long distance one years ago with a girl where it involved getting on a plane. It lasted 5 years. The 2.5 hour away girl lasted 5 months. Depends on each other a lot and how needy you or they are to be honest

Best Answer

Can somebody help me? I've been with this guy for 5 months. He moved out of town and we started dating after he moved, we worked for the same company. He loves me and I think I love him? I see him in my future but we're 3.5 hours away and he's 25 and I'm 18. I want it to work but something feels weird. I don't know what to do and can't sleep at night because of it. Someone help me please :(

Best Answer

If it's within driving distance (8 hours or less), it wouldnt' be bad. All my OLR's have been long distance, though... I don't believe they can work. People need to spend actual time together. It's great getting to know someone... well, it's got its pros and cons, I suppose.

Best Answer

I rather date someone that lives close to me and who I can get to know through actual physical interaction.

Best Answer