They both blow.<br />
But I've had both.<br />
It kinda jumps back and forth from day to day.<br />
When I'm numb I wish I could feel.<br />
When I can feel I wish I couldn't.<br />
We always want the opposite of what we have.

Best Answer

I'm ok with being medicated so I don't have to feel so f***ing awful.

Best Answer

I've been both and I'm diggin' this whole lack of emotion thing. Of course in my case it's lack of emotion, numb is something different really and I don't care for it.

Best Answer

Emotionally numb. Have been for years. Allows me to get through the days and nights. <br />
If I could feel again I would probably kill myself.

Best Answer

This is a tough one. I think I used to feel far too much, but over time I've become numb to a lot of things. I guess I'd rather feel again, because I think I was more alive and vital then, plus I was able to manifest it in creative ways.

Best Answer

I am 22 years old. About 2 years ago and for the first 20 years of my life I was the most happiest person. I was always smiling and there were also times when I would be very sad. I was a very sensitive person. Last year I got into a relationship with a girl and she broke up with me on the eve of my 21st birthday in the summer when I was with my family. And after her there were various girls who crushed me, which caused me to go through a long period of recovery. But sometime this year, I dont remember when, I became aware that I was not reacting to good news or bad news the same way. I actually had little feelings for anything. I feel like this today and I have found a wonderful girlfriend who actually does not treat me bad and respects me but I cannot find any way to be excited or happy. But this is with anything in my life. I occassionally get sad at certain things but the opposite emotion is not there.<br />
The point is that I hate my life now. And I would give anything in the world even be blind or paralyzed to be able to feel anything close to the way I felt in the past. Because emotions are what make life worth living. You guys who think its lucky to not feel are stupid and have no idea how horrible it is. There is no purpose in life without emotions. And I just wish I could have it back. And I want my girlfriend to know how she deserves the best and that I am so sorry for not showing my appreciation through my emotions.

Best Answer

If you learn how to tame your emotions you could be overly happy and atleast die that way. Why I say die that way is because in mania you'll make rash decisions and end up killing yourself; if you get overly depressed feelings you'll commit suicide. Being numb for your life would be like having a lobotomy, life wouldn't be worth living. You'd feel like a robot who nobody talked to. It's just horrible okay... I would do the over emotional though.

Best Answer

I'd rather be numb. Too hard to deal with emotional hurt from somebody. I think people who have deep feelings get affected by everything and that's how I don't want to be.

Best Answer

I have a mood disorder and a few other issues all of which play games with my emotional perceptions. On one hand they help me understand a lot. I am able to experience what people must feel when they experience profound loss or tragedy even when I am not going through them. That suffering is gratuitous. The same could be said for the other spectrum of moods. Sometimes they light my emotions when I look out at nature so that I feel the life of trees in the winter slowly sinking inward. It is not real of course but observation, emotions creatively taken and reconfigured is what poetry is. On the other hand, what do I do when the emotional system shuts down and I feel nothing? Where is this "letting go and living" then? People learn to define their identity by coordinating the subjective and the ob<x>jective. Lacking reliable subjective data makes it hard for me to understand what is going on with me. Thinking about it does not change it. I have tried endlessly to come up with reasons why I am fragmented and incongruent (there is more than Bipolar at work here). I have come up with some plausible explanation however without the ongoing emotional conviction to believe them I soon doubt. I doubt myself and so have learned to avoid the song of the sirens. I know I have love for important people in my life but so often I cannot feel it. I am not even sure what I experience is the same as others. I see enough to know something is missing in me. I have a good life but so much of it I cannot enjoy, like Tantalus in the vat of water. I believe I can get through it but right now I cannot see how it would happen or what another experience would be like.

Best Answer

It depends on what the problem is. If it has to do with the pain I feel when I see someone in pain then I will be happy feeling forever.<br />
I can even deal with the horrible, almost unbearable pain that comes from having my heart broke. <br />
I am thankful for my emotions. I wish that I felt numb when things seem like they will never change,<br />
Then there are things, that I can (and have) deal with but I think being numb would be better, for others, at least.

Best Answer

It is our duty to explore our feelings but not to analyze them. Just go with the flow.

Best Answer

I'd rather the feelings, and I think also some people can brdige what may have been abusive relationships if both people really care to do so, and love each other enough..Ive seen miracles, and its all about the heart and well worth it when those ingredients exist:).

Best Answer

Well, if we were all emotionally numb, why would we even hang out here?

Best Answer

I wanna feel it all, baby, bring it on!!

Best Answer

I can't really answer...it's too hard. Those are equal. I guess I'll flip a coin haha

Best Answer

I'm still undecided on that. I do miss the deep feeling part - maybe I need a fish or a puppy, or something. I wish I had a better answer - I'f you find a good one let me know. ...Be well.

Best Answer

Of course I would opt for feelings, even if they are sometimes painful. Opting for numbness would mean you're essentially a zombie and not truly living your life. Pain offers you one very valuable thing, should you have the courage to look at it in depth. It offers you the gift of growth. However, seemingly in our society today, we've gotten accustomed to removing ourselves from pain, when it's the very thing that can offer you freedom from that emotion. Many people lack the courage or determination to face it though, so they sit and generally feel most comfortable complaining and remaining complacent in their misery. They actually, get used to that feeling and it becomes the norm for them. Truly sad.

Best Answer

the latter. the former is depression and all it really is is driving the nails deeper into you

Best Answer

i would rather be emotionally numb. having feelings suck. i have a big heart and i care to much and all it does is break me.

Best Answer

I would rather be numb. There is a hole inside me that will never be fixed. I struggle with daily activities. I thought I was finally doing okay... Then all wounds where reopened and had acid poured in them. Nothing can ever replace my dad, who was my best friend and the only person in the world that would ever love me no matter what. I am alone now, faking smiles.

Best Answer