illinthemind illinthemind 18-21, M 3 Answers Dec 15, 2013 in Community

It is comforting to have a belief system.

Best Answer

Ha ha. Sounds a little transparent. Who wants to be wrong?

Best Answer

who wants to live life believing that your death is the absolute end to your existence?

Best Answer

I don't see belief as a choice. If I did then I'd choose to believe that I was 6'4, 240 and played center for the Leafs. Besides, I'd rather end my existence than live in an eternal hell.

Best Answer

You're confusing belief and fact. If you could make yourself believe what goes against your existential knowledge then you'd be considered insane or possibly very dumb. I'm not sure what you're calling an eternal hell, are you saying life is an eternal hell or are you saying when you die you'll live in hell?

Best Answer

If I believe something strongly enough then it's pretty much fact to me. If I didn't then I'd have a pretty unstable personality. I meant that Christians believe that when you die, if you haven't repented then you go to hell.

Peace.

Best Answer

Fact is not relevant to only you, it is what is true in reality by definition. So a man makes himself believe he is a glass of orange juice; ergo, it is fact to him. Would you consider this man to have a stable personality? He most likely has schizophrenia to some degree and I don't believe I'm mistaken when I say schizophrenics have very unstable personalities. I digress though. That's a very shallow thought process, you think believing in something automatically means Christian? It is not one or the other when it comes to beliefs. It is one or whatever the **** you want to concoct in your brain. yeah peace.

Best Answer

Go enjoy your crack pipe and leave me alone.

Best Answer

It would be pretty disheartening if a crackhead could disprove your viewpoint

Best Answer

Nothing

Best Answer

is that equivalent to saying that you believe as soon as this life is over you cease to exist?

Best Answer

Nah, the religious beliefs are embedded in my brain already. Can't erase it that easily, but the again if I could choose I'd prefer not believing.

Best Answer

meaning you would just prefer to be ignorant to religion and never be soiled with the idea of a 'God' or 'afterlife' sort of?

Best Answer

Yes, I'd rather erase I all.

Best Answer

but because you have already been taught about religion you cannot choose to believe that there is nothing?

Best Answer

Exactly

Best Answer

interesting

Best Answer