The trip to the moon is about 3 days with our current technology and the length of the trip to Mars depends on its location in relationship to Earth but on average its about a 250 day trip. I think Mars would be a lot cooler to live on but the trip is way too long so I'd probably rather live on the moon.
chandler26 chandler26 22-25, M 16 Answers Jun 24, 2012

Mars, at least it has an atmosphere.

Best Answer

The old Soviet Union experimented with creating underground chambers using low radiation yield nuclear bombs. The results were impressive with chambers having 10 foot thick glass walls capable of sustaining 78 atmospheres and the radiation died down within about 3 years. Anyway, Arthur C. Clarke went on to write a great story about people living in vast underground chambers on the moon hollowed out this way. <br />
In his story people commonly used custom wings strapped to their arms to fly around the chambers and I always though that would be every kids dream come true. Cool enough to bring out the kid in almost everyone and make visiting and immigrating to the moon a popular destination.

Best Answer

The Moon. That way I can go see, Pink Floyd over on the "Dark Side Of The Moon"

Best Answer

I would choose Mars because there is an atmosphere . I read a book once about how an a colony could be set up on Mars in10 years and the author answered all ob<x>jections and outlined the entire plan. He even described how to melt the ice on the poles to release the oxygen into the thin Martian air.

Best Answer

I think Mars is a much. Colonists on mars will have much more of an early settlers life.<br />
Moon colonists on the other hand will be more like workers in an airport. The moon will most likely be turned into a way station for other destinations in the solar system.<br />
Yes the trip is longer but considering the voyagers on board the Mayflower were on that boat for 90 days just to cross the ocean, I think the time is worth it.

Best Answer

I would rather live on the moon so we can see if it really is made of cheese. I believe it's not, but if anyone lived on mars, then good luck because it is just like the early atmosphere of earth before green plants evolved and the ozone la<x>yer forming.

Best Answer

I think Mars is more like an extinct Earth since they've found areas on Mars that might have been shorelines at one point.

Best Answer

****, my mistake, i thought mars meant mercury...lol how embrassing...

Best Answer

Moon cos then you get to see Earth :D

Best Answer

I'll stay here. I don't like heights

Best Answer

....... Mars I like cold places :P

Best Answer