A werewolf is wrongly accused of killing a young human girl, and is sentenced to be executed by his pack. Just before he is, he manages to escape, fleeing for his life, biting the main charecter in the process. The pack kills the werewolf, and eventually brings the main charecter into the pack, where he must uncover the truth about who killed the little girl and why the werewolf who bit him was accused in the 1st place.
rainbowbrat09 rainbowbrat09 22-25, F 6 Answers Jan 8, 2013 in Books

a wrewolf dedective story? Could be good if properly written.

Best Answer

Could be a good story, but find a good editor. He "uncovers" the truth, he doesn't "undercover" it. I know what you meant, but small lapses like that can derail a reader's train of thought and ruin their sense of being immersed in the story, and the one who writes it is often too close to it to notice even after repeated re-readings.

I can hook you up with someone who can format it properly for e-readers, as well - also something you should never try to do yourself unless you have an extremely high tolerance for frustration and advanced editing skills in multiple applications, as well as HTML.

Best Answer

I think the undercover was a typo, thank you. And I might be interested in the e-reader person, but 1st i'll have to actually write the story, its just several pages of notes at this point.

Best Answer

I know it was a typo, but the person who made the typo will often not be able to see it even in a re-read, it's a neurological quirk. that's why it's best to have a proof-reader who's not the author.

Best Answer

Yes I know exactly what you mean I read a lot of books and whenever a typo manages to sneek in it irks me to no end.

Best Answer

Depending on if you could write well, yes. Sounds like a promising premise

Best Answer

I do no care for werewolf stories, so I probably would not read this book. My first boyfriend was an author of both fact and fiction (essays and novels). He used me as a character in two of them. One has him time traveling to 50 years in the past and finds a version of me there.

Best Answer

As a writer of many years, if this is your first attempt my advice would be to start writing now. Any medium is fine- but it takes lots of writing practice to develop style, rhythm, a good sense of character development, not to mention your personal flair. I think crime/detective stories are more difficult because foreshadowing, being vague without being TOO vague, and hinting to gain interest is harder than just describing what happened. Anything can be a good book if written well :) Good luck

Best Answer

I think it could be an interesting story. I hope you have a good editor. Judging from the number of mistakes in the single paragraph you wrote a whole book like that could be unreadable. I'm not one to normally comment on spelling and grammar mistakes, god knows I make enough myself, but if you're purporting to be a professional writer certainly you should be able to get through a single three sentence paragraph without errors.

Best Answer

A)thank you for your comment B)I was writing that paragraph in a bit of a hurry, so yeah there's a lot of mistakes, and C)I'm not a professional writer, just a very naive bibliophile who got inspired by a daydream that is turning into a full book with more and more details by the minute.

Best Answer

Thank you for taking my criticism with grace. I do think it could be very interesting if written well. I have no talent for writing myself. I envy those who do. I am an avid reader, always in the middle of at least two books (currently reading Dean Koontz - Relentless and John Grisham - The Confession). I marvel at the writers ability to turn a phrase. i think I could come up with good story lines and plots but there is no way I could write it to make it interesting.

Best Answer