I want to live as long as I can

Best Answer

good luck with that... You better have healthy habit or at least a lifestyle that doesn't tempt fate

Best Answer

I watched my Mom live until her 93rd birthday. It's lonely to live beyond your husband, friends, siblings, sister-in-laws and brother-in-laws. It became impossible for her to keep up with technology. Turning on the tv or answering the phone was difficult. No, I'd like to live a great life but not beyond the years I should be here.

Best Answer

if your mom lived that long though, you'll probably live quite a while, so, just in case, you better take care of yourself and make sure you have good human connections so you'll have help when you're older and not have to worry about keeping up with the world.

Best Answer

Yes, that's true. My mother lived with me for 3 years and also another sibling. There were six of us and we were all willing to pitch in and held. It bothered her tremendously when she could no longer be independent that she was imposing on our lives. No one wants to be dependent on their children. I hope I don't live that long.

Best Answer

I don't think it has to be that bad if you accept it as a natural part of life.

Best Answer

I guess I don't consider it part of a natural life. With today's "wonders" the medical society can keep us going. My Mom had a stroke 4 years before her death. The last four years that modern medicine kept her alive were her most difficult. There is something to be said for going when it is your time.

Best Answer

I'm not sure why we are saving lives of 89 year olds. She was ready to go at 89.

Best Answer

if you don't want to be resuscitated, you should make that clear to your family...and maybe consider a living will. I've tried to make it clear to my family that I don't believe in keeping me alive just for the sake of being alive. I might try to make this more clear to my brother now that I think about it.

Best Answer

Unfortunately it wasn't a case of resuscitation. If we did not allow the medications used to get her bp under control, she would not have survived. I'm seriously thinking of not allowing any medications to keep me going. Let nature takes its course.

Best Answer

With good health, yes, I would. But without health the aswer is <br />
no I wouldn´t..

Best Answer

No, thank you. This life is too lonely, depressing and chaotic. I’ve watched many people grow old empty and alone and it’s not pretty.

Best Answer

sad thing to see. Maybe you could have visited them

Best Answer

I do!

Best Answer

if you visit them, they're not alone. you're a person too.

Best Answer

I said LONELY, not alone! Big difference!!

Best Answer

I'd prefer to live as long as my mind was functional and my body not dependent on machinery or caregivers.

Best Answer

I think that's true of most.

Best Answer

Don't mind getting old so much as the spectre or becoming helpless and at the mercy of others.

Best Answer

My grandmother lived to be 102. She was the coolest lady I ever met, and I didn't understand that until she was in her 90's. She was sharp as a tack, but her down-to-earth wisdom was pure magic.

Best Answer

she sounds like a unique individual. Do you hope to end up like that?

Best Answer

I hope to live as long as my mind and body are healthy.

Best Answer

i want to die at 28.

Best Answer

I hope you don't really feel like that..that can't be very long from now

Best Answer

five short years. starting... now.

Best Answer

It would depend on quality of life. Could I still do jumping jacks like a 20 year old at 145?

Best Answer

so you think 20 is the peak for your average person?

Best Answer

20-25 is usually the peak for many when it comes to personal fitness.. I would say yes.

Best Answer