Something like World Vision who provide excellent work throughout the World.By sponsoring one child you are assisting by giving these people the vital basics of life,clean water and also help them to become self sufficient.
garvan garvan 46-50, M 9 Answers Dec 20, 2012 in Community

I don't receive gifts for myself, generally, but I buy gifts for the children in my life. I know people who are struggling here that I'm hoping to help. As uncharitable as it may sound, sometimes charity begins at home. I respect your efforts, however.

Best Answer

And I respect your honesty and candour,thank you.

Best Answer

That's a great idea!

Best Answer

On world Vision we donated a bull, a goat and ducks. Next year we're really going to try for a deep well. I hope we can save up enough money.

Best Answer

I'm not getting any gifts to sacrifice.

Best Answer

I dont need a holiday as an excuse to give

Best Answer

That was a cruel insult....

Best Answer

Context is lost online. I dont need a holiday as an excuse b'c one can give all year round. Why do we need Xmas as an excuse?

Best Answer

You have lost me,did you read the question and the comments to date,it explains everything.I am not touting for a holiday ! I am merely suggesting if we all said no to Christmas gifts just for 1 year we could make an incredible difference to those in third world countries across the globe.I appologise if I have come across too forceful,I am very tired and can't sleep.
Have a wonderful Christmas :-)

Best Answer

No, I got it and its fine. Merry xmas and get some sleep

Best Answer