I'd look directly at him and say "Would you please SHUT UP! You are ruining everyone else's dining experience"

Best Answer

i would ask him why didnt she listen the first time?

Best Answer

It was more common when I was a kid in the early sixties. Back then, women were still close to property and nobody thought much of it if a husband was abusive. His actions were disrespectful and wrong, but the only person who can do anything about it is his wife. That said, being in their mid sixties, she was probably raised to be a door mat, is probably dependent on him for her financial survival, and may be so use to the abuse, it doesn't even register as abuse to her. Sad. <br />
I would like to say that such abuse is a thing of the past, but I went to a Mormon wedding reception a few years back. I thought I was back in the fifties and sixties. The men were strutting around like peacocks, while the women -- obviously burned out and over worked -- herded the kids, fetched food and drinks for the men, and generally did all the work. If they were too slow with the refreshments or inattentive to the kids, they got angry looks from the men. I know that there are Mormon men who treat their wives with respect and help with the kids, but the sheer number at the reception was appalling.<br />
My nephew, a Mormon, is engaged to a good Mormon girl. She has no sense of self identity. She was raised to do what she was told and want nothing for herself. She mindlessly follows orders and does what she is told - I don't think she even loves my Nephew, that she is just doing what her parents want. It is very sad to see a young woman in this day and age acting like she is slave property. <br />
I know that other religions and cultures that do the same to women. I'll never understand it. I have always wanted my wife and daughter to be equals in society with their own dream and accomplishments. I can't imagine turning my wife into a mindless servant, with no self respect.<br />
Enough rambling.

Best Answer

I would turn to her in his hearing and say "can you tell him to be quiet or keep his voice down please?"

Best Answer

NOP,ONLY THRICE

Best Answer