VillaZanders VillaZanders 18-21, M 10 Answers Sep 2, 2012 in Hobbies

If you've bought chocolate, a United fruit or Dole product you've contributed to unionbusting, child labor, unsafe work conditions, dictatorships, and banana republics.<br />
However I know exactly where my drugs come from thank you. Virginia, Tennessee, and Ontario, Canada. Regardless of that, yes. Yes, I would. What did Prohibition teach us? Keeping something illegal that people want creates a black market. There are tolerable decisions, legalizing drugs is one of them. Why not make money instead of spending it?

Best Answer

I buy fair trade chocolate : )
I don't buy bananas--the banana wars had quite the effect!

Best Answer

Fair trade chocolate actually could doom chocolate prpduction. It takes five years to grow a crop, it can only be grown ten degrees north and south from the equator, plus the cost for hiring workers to do all the work that Child Labor used to do makes the costs prohibitive. As a result many cocoa plantations have closed down or switched crops. In 20 years a bar of chocolate could be like gold.

Best Answer

With a few degrees of separation, one can associate any act with anything negative. <br />
Like, after 9/11 happened and if you drove an SUV, you were therefore in support of terrorism. That's complete hogwash, and everybody knows it. Every action on this earth that is made has an equal and opposite reaction. So, one could say that for every good deed you do, there's going to be a negative deed following it. Does that mean that you're going to stop doing good things for others? Probably not. <br />
So, to answer your question, I'll continue doing drugs, and lots of 'em, and no, I do not support 'countless murders of men, women & children' in any situation, ever.

Best Answer

All the more reason to legalize drugs and regulate them, like the medical marijuana laws in many states. That way all the product is domestically grown and free from cartels!

Best Answer

Would you still pay taxes if you knew it supported a government that sends armies over seas to invade a country because "the terrorists"?

Best Answer

Ya been supporting willingly for 12 why stop now?

Best Answer

I don't do drugs, so no. I don't think most folks using drugs give two hoots about the effects their actions have on the rest of society/the world.

Best Answer

One person cutting someone off in traffic is just as important as the butterfly that flaps its wings. That said how does smoking a plant grown by a hippie in his basement contribute to world problems? You know other than a line at taco bell because the pot smoking fool can't decide which burrito to get.

Best Answer

There is a really interesting series called Drugs INC, you should watch it. I don't think there are many problems caused by a hippy with a lone marijuana plant--but that is not how the majority of people come to acquire their marijuana.

Best Answer