Sure! I do it all the time. It surprises most people, as that kind of thing isn’t done much anymore.

Best Answer

I do it all the time. Hell, I even do it for blokes sometimes. :-)

Best Answer

I do all the time and then comment to them about obesity and the effects of poor health in the work place.

Best Answer

Yes. Common courtesy.<br />
Well, it USED to be common anyway.

Best Answer

Do you get strange looks when you do it too?

Best Answer

Not so much with that. But I think that's because of where i live. I have noticed that I get strange looks when I smile at strangers though. That used to be common too. Oh well.

Best Answer

Yes, i would, but for elderly ppl... :)

Best Answer

Absolutely, always have done so and in fact did it today to help someone get into a room while they were carrying something. I thinking it is a very simple gesture that helps others and shows respect

Best Answer

Always for a lady. Often for men too.

Best Answer

How nice to read so many positive responses, there are a lot of good people on EP and yes I also do it every chance I get.

Best Answer

It's a habit

Best Answer

Yep.

Best Answer

Sure why noy its chivalry something that's gone don't find that much no more

Best Answer

I do it all the time.

Best Answer

I usually do. I was on crutches once and was amazed how many people just watched me struggle with getting a door open. Made me nicer I think because now I am more aware of it.

Best Answer

I do it a lot. just feels good to do it. not crazy about the ones who don't even acknowledge you, noses in the air, like you were SUPPOSED to do that for them. they are so superior hahahahaha

Best Answer

All the time.

Best Answer

I do......but then they just end up holding the door for me. Damn society.

Best Answer

I do loads :-)

Best Answer