Questionator Questionator 26-30 151 Answers Jan 15, 2012

Question of the Day

A few weeks ago I gave a ride to two hitch-hikers. The two young men were journeyman (recognizable on their traditional clothing) and I asked them thousand questions about being a journeyman, what is it like to travel around, being away from family for a long time, where they have been so far, where they want to go, what was their nicest experience and so on and so on. Both were really smart, nice, kind and friendly and answered my questions patiently! One of their sentences I still have in mind: We talked about being in time at a particular place and if it is possible for them to keep appointments in our fast and speeding-up world. One of the guys said: "Although we have little we have a lots of time". Wow - what kind of luxury I thought...<br />
From this experience I´d say I give a ride to journeyman again!

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

I picked up a young couple who were hiking the Appalachian trail. The guy had picked up lime disease on the way. They were exhausted so decided to stay at a hotel about three miles off the trail. I took them to the hotel and it was obvious how thankful they were to get a ride.<br />
In our world we have become so scared of the exception that we miss the wonderful opportunities to meet new people and help out someone who really needs a lift.

Best Answer

Last time I picked up a hitchhiker they were scared of me and asked to be dropped off. It's not that I talk to myself a lot, it's the laughing as if someone were interacting with me that throws people off, I think.

Best Answer

haha

Best Answer

i always pick up a hitch hiker! Fear does not overrule my intuition!

Best Answer

I wouldn't,ppl are just to krazy these days...u just never know and to me its not worth the risk.I've had co-workers offer me rides and i tell them no and they get offended,but to me they just don't understand.I remember working with with a lady who seemed normal enough,I use to even give her rides after work,but one day I see her and her husband on the news for kidnapping a female and holding her hostage in their house,feeding her drugs and sexually molesting her and to top it off,they also set a guy on fire and killed him during the same time fr<x>ame,so I am really cautious of ppl because you never know who you're really dealing with these days.

Best Answer

hell no !!

Best Answer

My sentiments exactly!!! Hell no would ever pick up a hitchhiker!!!

Best Answer

If he's cute i'll take my chances!

Best Answer

I wouldn't...the question: Would a hitch hiker pick me up? ;)

Best Answer

If you look anything like your picture, I think there are many guys (and some women) who would like to pick you up!

Best Answer

yes If I know them, but If you know them are they still hich hikers?

Best Answer

Depends on the situation

Best Answer

No, I wouldn't. I thank/blame all the various movies for putting such fear of hitchhikers in me.

Best Answer

i have thought about it,,and would love to help the person,,BUT i need to think about my own well being,,never pick up strangers,,if only my bedroom walls could talk,,,teehehehe

Best Answer

Yes, When I was young, I hitched quite a lot. Met a lot of interesting people and saw the country. If my gut feeling told me I was safe with that person, I would . Definitely.

Best Answer

Depends what she looked like.

Best Answer

Yes, no doubt, my urge to help others is far stronger than the irrational fear their gonna murder me or somethin.

Best Answer

I have done once or twice. No problems at all, I was only being kind and they appreciated the ride on every occasion.

Best Answer

Only if I was in a car with my boyfriend. But yes, I'd help a lost soul!

Best Answer

I have in the past and probably would again .

Best Answer

dam love to get picked up by red head

Best Answer

*giggles*

Best Answer

Here in Ontario....no question about it...get in..

Best Answer

Only if they had their Guide to the Galaxy wiv 'em!

Best Answer