i would definitely would...no shame...I've lived on the streets of Boston and now I'm just glad to have a roof over my shoulder and my beautiful 4 year Shih-Tzu. I am VERY grateful in these times of my life! I would gracefully take it..and that I did not need..drop it down to my neighbor, who is hurting...I always try to help her....in many ways,,I am always there for her...
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 15 Answers Nov 28, 2012 in WTK

why do we think alike? pizza, kfc, coke and coffee at a homelss park for a date?

Best Answer

I live "off the streets" of Boston now in my own home but am in poverty income wise. I do take a monthly bag of groceries from the church (hardly a month's food but I'm not a choosey beggar) but in my defense I also contribute my time to stock the shelves and help distribute food bags to others.. working for my supper.

Best Answer

Ohh, hun..I am so sorry, been there before!! I respect you. The church is good for you! My big brother always told me, :Always turn turn to God "...

Best Answer

Yes I'm afraid I've needed it before if I didn't its not hard to find someone who does

Best Answer

i have Dear PrincessMaine.......totally unexpected.......they cornered me in the school parkin lot........so many kids thinkin they were helpin out a single mom in need......couldn't break it to them that i was fine......not great, but fine........i donated it to others in need

Best Answer

If I was in desperate need I'd accept a donation from anybody. If I didn't need it I would refuse and tell them to give it to someone who really needs it.

Best Answer

Yes , and swap it for drugs.

Best Answer

Wrong attitude, again....

Best Answer

awww how sweet. I never thought of re-donating, I would never take a hand out if I did not need it. But I have never been down and out as you have.<br />
Bless your sweet heart my dear.

Best Answer

Thank you..for.understanding...

Best Answer

Unfortunately yes. This year I was offered oil for heating and some food for xmas day. first time but I need it.

Best Answer

I have been in enough dire straits that I have taken their handouts and ate from it. I was eternally grateful for it as we were so broke that groceries were almost a luxury. They never have enough for everyone who comes these days, so I just let them hand it out. I have helped them with some of the work before - the loading of boxes.<br />
On a side note, I know a man who is quite well off, even though he doesn't dress the part and lives in a small house, alone. But he's owned his own business for decades and does nothing to spend the money, other than drinking way too much beer. He owns another house right beside the one he lives in and he has taken so much free food that the second house is full of boxes of food. And he is still going every month. I can't understand that.

Best Answer

If I didn't need it, no. I'd rather that someone who did need it have it.<br />
If I needed it, yes - but with hesitation (as there's probably someone out there who needs it more than I do).

Best Answer

Beggers cant be choosers

Best Answer

Wrong attitude...

Best Answer