Nope. They are nothing. Their apology means nothing.

Best Answer

Only if they seemed sincere, and if they explained some of the "why" they did such a thing as bully me or my friends. I guess it would help me forgive them better, and it might help restore some of my faith in human nature. <br />
After 35 years of mistreating me- ignoring me for the last 15 of that- my big brother came to apologize to me one day. His wife had been on him to do it since he had become a "Christian". He came to my house, told me that he "hadn't been a good brother" and told me that he felt God wanted him to do better with that. He said that we should forget the past. <br />
Then he told me that I needed to look at him when he was speaking to me. <br />
QUITE an apology. <br />
I told him that he owed me five dollars (a renege he'd made on a bet when I was ten), two turtles, and a newt (my pets which he had killed over time when I was a child). Then I told him that I would be "open" to actually having him as a brother, but that the ball was in his court, since he was the offender, and over the years, I'd been the only one who had made the effort to reach out to him. <br />
He went to his wife and told her that I was too "caught up in bitterness" to accept his apology. <br />
LOL<br />
Sorry about the long story. I guess that my point is that some apologies would be very welcome and valuable. Some would just be a waste of time. <br />
LIke my mother-in-law wrote to me after ignoring me for several years and then rejecting my son, her only grandchild: "It seems that we both love my son, so let's let bygones be bygones. Welcome to the family."<br />
NEXT!!

Best Answer

Yes, if I ever met them again, which I hope is never.

Best Answer

By high school I had stopped being bullied, thank goodness. But some of the kids from elementary and junior high school who'd bullied me for racial reasons DID apologise. Some sincerely felt bad, others simply didn't want to risk being known as bigots where there were now many other, TOUGHER black kids.

Best Answer

Mine were physical bullies and I have seen them all since I left school and they can never look me in the eye. They have all had children and got married and I do wonder if their children will be bullies themselves. Mind you they have mostly lost their figures where as I am now slim. There are two boys and four girls who did it.

Best Answer

Naw... they can just look at my W2 from their prison cells. Apology not needed.

Best Answer