rednetrab111 rednetrab111 26-30 20 Answers May 18, 2012

ABSOLUTELY NOT!<br />
It's mostly been the promise of our government and the expectation of it's citizenship, that government be a source of national security and the protector of our rights and freedoms. It has constantly diminished our freedoms with the excuse of trying to keep us safe. Governments can not fully protect everyone with out diminishing rights.<br />
When you remove ones freedom you disrupt their peace and remove their ability to defend themselves.<br />
When it comes to world conflict. A presumed strong nation is less likely to be attacked by a weaker nation. When we become divisive in our own country we become weak.<br />
We become divided when our government steers from it's original intent, Small, of the people, by the people, for the people and creates dependencies to proliferate it's own power.

Best Answer

Yes. I mean how free would you feel walking down a city street in any big city in the USA at 2am whether you lived there or visiting? Yes you are "free" to do that but are you really "free". If you say "oh I wouldn't feel in danger" you'd either be a liar or a fool OR that guy waiting for that liar or fool to be that stupidl. Lived in Germany-saw a lot of Europe and I can tell you, they are more free than us. We in the USA are so spoiled on this "FREE" thing-you can have so much freedom that you are shakled in many other ways. If everyone is FREE to do what they want-well look at the USA-people have no real respect towards other's feelings-loud music, undermining of other cultures, You're OK if you think like us.<br />
There's nothing wrong with Government controls to a point-really. You can go and be just about anywhere in most of Europe and be "dafe. There's no Marshall Law governments, just a system of societies that hold the undividual responsible for their actions. Yah it's not perfect but OJ Simpcon would have had a pretty different outcome in Italy or Germany or "anywhere in Europe"-Innocent of murder and yet found in civil court to be responsible for his wife's death-REALLY?<br />
So I am not off the deep end on this subject. It's just that so many folks in the USA are completely ignorant of how great life can be with a government that does what governmants are suppose to do. Not rule with iron fists and be cruel and controling, but use the rule of law and make sure all the mice behave-leave the ones alone that do and punish the one that do not. It works. My wife at the time in Heidelberg GE , (1994 to 1998) had to take a tram home at "2" am and she was freaked thinking it was like the USA at night. She got home, I got off duty that morning. I found her in the livingroom having her coffee all calm. She told me she got a real lesson on how the world can be. Her handbag strap broke and a young Albanian Male helped her gather up her "stuff", at 2 am in a big city area. She really doubted it would have turned out the way it did in a USA city at that time in the same situation. Has it changed, well probably to a point, but I have friends ogo to Europe and come back stunned at how they could go placed at night and get back to their rooms. Actually I hear "we never felt like there was a danger like here, (in the States)". Of courde there's always a bad guy around but they felt so calm in Europe-like there waere fewer of them at least.<br />
ANd yes we had soldiers in Manheim get approached by Turk thugs but they were in civies, young, and not where they knew they were suppose to be, (Hey no place is "PERFECT", and once the Turks saw their Army ID's in their wallets-they left them alone. Don't know if THAT would happen in the crime areas of the cities in the USA-well it doesn't the German Tourists killed in Miami in the 80's are proof of that-remember the Germans that got lost and then robbed and killed? and that was t

Best Answer

Conceptually you make a lot of sense. And if well did as you say they do in the EU, hold people responcible we would share in your safe feeling

Best Answer

There's no concept to it really. You play your music loud in many European public places-the police tell you to turn it off. Try that in the USA. I guess I have to say it, I did not want to. Freedoms are not rights-they are priviliedges. They just do not abuse these priviledges like we in the States do. It's no one's right to discount someone elses life and just do what you want. You do that in Europe many times you'll get looks like What the hey!? Here people get angry and then act like they didn't see it or hear it for fear of instant violence.Social verbage, behavior,,,. in the USA is all about self and the next guy is invisible. I contunually hear young adults Fer, Motha Rfer, what the F, I came back to teh States and my 4th grade son even had problems with teh public acceptance of this "grap mouth". And I hear it in WalMart and I hear it in Dillards-there's no social barrier to this. I think it's because we have no real culture like they do in Europe and other long standing countries. Every 50-100 years our society is bombarded with new societies, some from with in and some not. Just when we get an identity it changes-I mean ever watch Jay Leno asking 20-30 yo folks US History-it's funny to most, all I see is a population with no real roots. I mean really-everyone knows Howard Stern in on the ten doller bill right-grin
But this freedom thing is great if you live on an island or the entire population holds the same values-but that's not the USA. And to a point, the governments of Europe, not the populations, are finding this out-that Greeks don't want to be German, Italians don't want to be Spanish and well the French-they just want to be French-as usual! LOL!!! be good and let's hope it all does not fall down in Europe-China will loose $$$$ big time and guess who they gave variable loans too! Yessss! :(

Best Answer

No. Ben Franklin told me not to.

Best Answer

promise ? hahahahahahaha

Best Answer

NO! Never! Not in a million years. <br />
did I say NO FRIGGING WAY!<br />
The government is a necessary evil. <br />
The government needs to be kept in check at all times, to many have over steped their existing boundrys and still want more and more power. <br />
Why hand them more power over our lives willingly?

Best Answer

Why would I want to believe a gov't that promises that when they are currently trying to "protect" us by creating the TSA and DHS and already taking away the rights & freedoms of most americans? By introducing the Patriot Act(should have been named, We are going to screw u Act) they started the process without even first asking the people. Now they want the UN to help them ban our guns? OVER MY DEAD BODY & I'll take a few with me.<br />
We can stop this madness from happening if the Sheep(people) would only do what is right and vote in the congress that will actually do what we say.<br />
Stop the TSA: stop flying take the train,bus or drive<br />
Stop illegal searches by telling the DHS and others that no they may not do that.<br />
Stop the illegal camera's that are everywhere in major cities---flip them off

Best Answer

Give up everything that is dear to me, for a empty promise from a lying politician? Absolutely NOT.

Best Answer

When my government (Canadian) makes a promise I laugh so hard I can hardly breath, so no.

Best Answer

Not only no, but HELL NO!!!<br />
The government can not give protection and peace.

Best Answer

I might, except that I don't trust Julia Gillard to deliver... Maybe we should have a military regime installed... Either that or I need a big gun or two

Best Answer

we already have

Best Answer

Are you talking about the E.U.

Best Answer

Any government, really.

Best Answer

Nope.

Best Answer

Never!

Best Answer

Never

Best Answer