growwhereyouglow growwhereyouglow 36-40, F 21 Answers Feb 5, 2013 in Food

Sad to say, I get up at 5am for my typical day's work. A full 3 hours before my wife does. She doesn't even cook home cooked dinners for me anymore so breakfast is a figment of my imagination.<br />
My typical week's dinner menu: oat meal, frozen pierogi/ravioli with jar sauce, coffee and bread, rice and box-o-food, fish sticks and french fries, can beans or chick peas, can tuna in ramen soup.

Best Answer

This was so funny...at first I read it quckly and thought it said, 'all three of my wives'...I thought wow! My good man...while you've done resourceful things in the feeding of yourself, that poor list was so sad :/ A home cooked meal = love in my book. Does your wife like to cook? Some do, some don't...

Best Answer

LOL NEVER! One wife is enough. :) She used to cook but now, since the kids don't like anything that doesn't resemble fast food, she stopped taking the effort. We used to split the cooking about 60/40 even when she wasn't working 14 hours a week. It has gotten even worse in the last 2 years. Now if she isn't hungry, she won't bother to cook at all. I'll come home after 8 hours of work and 2 hours of commuting and have to make myself dinner. I find out my son ate a PB&amp;J for dinner. It frustrates me. I had taken over cooking but stopped. I felt it is unfair that I commute about as much as my wife works and I work 8 hours on top of that. I already do about 40% of the chores around the house and groceries, etc on average and I had to do ALL of the cooking? Bah. That's why sometimes I just eat oatmeal or ramen soup.

Best Answer

Aww...that bums me out...it really does. I'm sure your wife must be going through something...but it's almost like people in marriages forgot to take care of one another...or get complacent about things and it becomes so routinized. If nothing else, I'm sorry you have to work so hard and not get some TLC.

Best Answer

Thanks. No worries though. It is what it is. What really chaffs me is like last night. I sit next to her on the sofa and she goes to rub my back, 2 seconds later she'll say "you're so spoiled". Last night I actually replied. "I'm so spoiled? Did you do any of the grocery shopping in the past two weeks? The last time the house got cleaned was when I did it 3 weeks ago on my day off and I'm spoiled?" lol

Best Answer

haha...that's funny. Wow, you even do the grocery shopping, you're a good man Charlie Brown.

Best Answer

might be

Best Answer

No doubt about it !!!! .... :o))))

Best Answer

HAHA...I know you understand my grief over this. It's actually something I truly dream about. Anyways...as of right now, it's me needing to make it. Normally I don't do a heavy breakfast, but this morning, with the flu still lingering...it's ON...I just wish someone else would make the darn thing...being served is sooooooooooooooo wonderful! :D

Best Answer

Hell YEA

Best Answer

TOTALLY!!!!!! Cue relaxing music, you wake to the smell of that purr of the coffee machine, you hear that pan sizzling and you wonder...ohhhh is it going to be French Toast or hashybrowns with eggs...oh the surprise will be great to see what it is. :}

Best Answer

depends does the person love me and care about me cause if so ....yes if its a maid no ill feel worse cause someone has to bring me breakfast and i cant do it myself.

Best Answer

I agree with what you're saying, yes this person would be making this breakfast for you out of love and caring for you :}

Best Answer

Is it bad that I don't really care and would enjoy it either way? =] lol

Best Answer

heck no...you're asking the wrong girl...breakfast served is breakfast served, I'll take it how I can get it :D

Best Answer

Yes, I do make a good cooked breakfast for myself.

Best Answer

good for you!

Best Answer

Absolutely! . . . I forgot mine this morning . . . so nice, morning and tasty would go well together for me!

Best Answer

oh yes... that would be awesome!

Best Answer

Sure it would but it is asking for too much.

Best Answer

is it...I mean what if you gave back just as big... a good trade, oh how I would adore...

Best Answer

In bed yes.....:)

Best Answer

TOTALLY!!!!!!!

Best Answer

I don't do breakfast .

Best Answer

Another dream of mine

Best Answer

ME TOO!

Best Answer

..But Id rather just make breakfast for two instead of just myself. I wouldnt even want you to make it for me just be there in the morning =)

Best Answer

The idea of making breakfast for just myself is the turn OFF. So, made for both, of course and then you start your day...I think both would start their day with a smile :}

Best Answer

Omg! =)))) so true. I want to make it with you then.

Best Answer

For sure...

Best Answer

I agree...I dream about that action.

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

My day would start out better if I could even get up on time every morning

Best Answer

haha...how many times is that snooze button hit ;}

Best Answer