TrueCelt TrueCelt 26-30, M 6 Answers May 1, 2012

I'm atheist, but I'm a firm believer of following the religion you want. Anything taken to an extreme is bad tho. There are fellow atheists I know that I cant stand because of the outright disregard and contempt they have for anyone who believes in god. They are really no better than the christian who mentions hell and eternal damnation every time they meet someone who doesnt live by the same set of beliefs.

Best Answer

I agree, I find it very difficult to be in some people's company, they're just so unbelievably arrogant about their beliefs. Both atheist and religious fanatic, they carry zeal, which is just aggression with an unwarranted sense of righteousness. Someone give those people a gold star for being right so they'll just stop banging on about their beliefs?

Best Answer

agreed

Best Answer

Lmso

Best Answer

yea but the difference is ... I love me a hairy dog :)

Best Answer

Or a Geek with a video game preference.

Best Answer

Mm-hmm. I guess so, but surely that's a moot point? Wouldn't a Geek BE someone with a video game preference? As in the games make them a Geek?

Best Answer

Lol, I don't think so. I think Geek like anything else starts as a mindset. Otherwise it would be like saying 'The boob job came first, THEN the person was classified as insecure", when we know the insecurity was a state of mind long before the outward signs came along.
Wow that answer was too involved, lol. I'm thirsty- you want somethin- my treat?

Best Answer

Haha, you understand my reluctance to say yes? This is EP, people offer you a drink it can be a bad situation lol. Ever see the photo-video montage of the World of War fan? He was this cool looking kid, was playing sports, looked fit and healthy, had a hot girlfriend. They posted his pics as a video, and after a couple years of playing the game constantly he was gigantic, fat and spotty with greasy hair, no sign of a girlfriend or sports. My opinion is that the game makes them a geek. Because of course smart people exist, but what does it really mean to be a geek? Vin Diesel likes that World of War game :/. Richard "Mack" Machiewicz has admitted to being a big comic book geek as a kid. That's a former Navy Seal, someone who can and has killed with his bare hands. I don't fully understand the term "geek", I think I just apply it to people who shut themselves off from life, have no social skills and play games instead of being part of society.

Best Answer

Fair enough :) Now i'm going to keep an eye on Vin movies to see if he takes a turn for the worst. Somehow, with his $300/hr personal trainer.. i think he'll pull through :)

Best Answer

and your really saying?

Best Answer

Just foolin around man, this is a double question, linked to one about atheism. I'm not saying anything profound, people are people, you can't generalise everyone. But if you WERE to generalise, this is pretty accurate.

Best Answer

yeah but remember atheism is a specific religion.

Best Answer

It is, I agree, but by its definition as a word that can't be the case, even if it's 100% true. It's a zealous pursuit that bears great resemblance to many aspects of religious following, that's probably the correct way of putting it. Many atheists become exactly the people they supposedly hate. What does that tell you?

Best Answer

people are people and people have feelings. the truth will stand out.

Best Answer