TrueCelt TrueCelt 26-30, M 6 Answers May 1, 2012

I'm atheist, but I'm a firm believer of following the religion you want. Anything taken to an extreme is bad tho. There are fellow atheists I know that I cant stand because of the outright disregard and contempt they have for anyone who believes in god. They are really no better than the christian who mentions hell and eternal damnation every time they meet someone who doesnt live by the same set of beliefs.

Best Answer

I agree, I find it very difficult to be in some people's company, they're just so unbelievably arrogant about their beliefs. Both atheist and religious fanatic, they carry zeal, which is just aggression with an unwarranted sense of righteousness. Someone give those people a gold star for being right so they'll just stop banging on about their beliefs?

Best Answer

agreed

Best Answer

yea but the difference is ... I love me a hairy dog :)

Best Answer

and your really saying?

Best Answer

Just foolin around man, this is a double question, linked to one about atheism. I'm not saying anything profound, people are people, you can't generalise everyone. But if you WERE to generalise, this is pretty accurate.

Best Answer

yeah but remember atheism is a specific religion.

Best Answer

It is, I agree, but by its definition as a word that can't be the case, even if it's 100% true. It's a zealous pursuit that bears great resemblance to many aspects of religious following, that's probably the correct way of putting it. Many atheists become exactly the people they supposedly hate. What does that tell you?

Best Answer

people are people and people have feelings. the truth will stand out.

Best Answer