shooting range to practice. Hmmmmmmmmm.
iwantpizza iwantpizza 46-50, F 16 Answers Dec 15, 2012 in Hobbies

And what does that have to do with anything? Plenty of people own guns and take their kids to shooting ranges. Most of these same children don't wind up going to an elementrary school and start shooting up people. It's not the gun or gun laws that caused this probelm. The problem was unfortunately this kid was messed up.

Best Answer

I agree but when messed up kids have easy access to powerful weapons of massacre - well, you can figure out the rest.

Best Answer

And I guess in your opionion, instead of focusing on the problem ( getting better help for messed up kids and adults out there) we should just takeaway everyones guns.

Best Answer

A lot of people go to gun ranges. Tons of people with weapons actually teach the people in their homes how to use them. He was sick. There is no way of knowing what her state of mind was...she was killed. By her son. With the others. It is tragic. On a side note..lanza means puke in Italian.

Best Answer

I think the term "assault rifle" implies fully auto - which this was not. It was semi-auto. As for going to the shooting range - it's a popular sport. As a matter of fact, it is an Olympic sport. Having guns and going to a target range doesn't make you a nutjob killer. It just doesn't. I have friends with guns. I've been target shooting myself. Don't generalize so - it really isn't productive at all.

Best Answer

the reports are coming in too fast. one report said the rifle was found in his car. if so, he didn't take it into the school.

Best Answer

They know for certain that the assault rifle is the ONLY weapon he used.

Best Answer

Well, having those weapons worked well for her didn't it... No one, outside of police or military need assault rifles.

Best Answer

Agree!

Best Answer

If your thought process is:<br />
"Gee, my son is anti-social and doesn't get along with others. I know, I'll homeschool him and teach him how to fire assault weapons."<br />
You failed as a parent.

Best Answer

If this kid was dead set on murdering people she could have had her guns locked in Fort Knox and he still would have accomplished this stupid act of violence....<br />
He could just as easily made a bomb and leveled several blocks around the school...<br />
My heart and sympathy goes out to all the families involved and i pray for the and the surviving children...<br />
But it IS NOT the guns fault and it NEVER will be...EVER!!!<br />
So why dont we blame marriage for the high divorce rate cause hell if no one got married no one would get divorced and it would drop significantly...i know that was off topic....but it is a point!<br />
Just like the pro-gun control woman i just seen on tv said....she doubts that NO MATTER how many gun controls laws were passed this would have still happened

Best Answer

I happen to disagree. Easy access to guns capable of massacre means more death. Why does the average person need a semi auto rifle? Use pump action - it's good exercise.

Best Answer

Your telling me that a person can only use semi auto weapons to cause this kind of tragedy?
I have been around guns my entire life and been hunting and shooting for 35 years and i have NEVER seen a gun do anything...its the person....
It has nothing to do with being semi auto or not....
what about Hinkley?
What about all the snipers that use bolt action weapons?
What about Olympic shooters that use bolt actions?
Semi auto...bolt action...pumps....fully auto....IT does not matter the action...if murder is going to be committed it will be....
Whether it is a baseball bat or a Gatlin Gun!

Best Answer

Did you see the house they lived in? huge. Crazy Yank, i bet he was a Mormon

Best Answer

One cannot understand madness.<br />
Many years ago in my family, an in-law had madness. He killed a young one in our family. It took many years, many tears, and we shall never understand why. The domino effect took 5 more within 6 months. I can now talk about it. But never can I understand this madness. No one does.

Best Answer

Terrible things are hidden, but soon come out.............

Best Answer

I believe u are correct
I can understand protecting yourself
But the type of guns?

Best Answer

? So? It was some semi automatic she owned.

Best Answer