I am kinda sad Xmas coming me and my ex broke up 4 months ago but are friends well now for Xmas it will just be and my daughter I have planned out a good dinner but right now I am sitting up here so sleeply I got the tree to still put up hopefully Saturday her presents to wrap few decorations to do and I wont to scream, My niece which I do not wont to go wonts us to come to her house Xmas Eve. Oh I still need to go back to the grocey store to I am starting to get stressed I cannot work and I try my darnest to lay down after I get my daughter on the bus very sledom works so I can do something then I am having stomach problems right now the thought of me doing a big meal does not sat well with me one I said cook that Friday before Xmas some food then I guess Xmas morning be cooking again I do not wont to go out Xmas eve. My ex will come later to bring her and me our gifts which I cannot afford him anything and that is starting to nerve but that is not the question so what are some
peaches2 peaches2 46-50, F 9 Answers Dec 15, 2011

ask her what she likes......include her in the preparation...fun family time ....even if it takes longer ;-)

Best Answer

Prime Rib

Red New Potatoes - lot's of garlic

Green Beans

Banana Pudding for desert.

Best Answer

do what you can do. it shouldn't have to be a big thing. Just make it special and have a great time.

Best Answer

What about an all hors d'euvres dinner!? Cheese platter, veggie platter, pigs in a blanket, mini-meatballs, sausage/cheese balls, etc. Your daughter could help you prepare it and you could make just the amount you need, plus easy clean up. Also, get you some sparkling grape juice or something fun to drink (non-alcoholic) and drink from fancy wine glasses (glass or plastic)...in other words, your own little cocktail party. You could even dress up or put on comfy pjs...light candles...play christmas music or movies....I might just do this myself!

Best Answer

Make her favorite meal, let her choose it. I'd do it even if it was something like spaghetti.What matters is having fun together at mealtime and smiles for her all day long.

Best Answer

Tacos, beans and rice. is an easy dinner.

Best Answer

I agree with deltadon. Don't worry so much about the menu as long as you have a good time. Play music, make stuff together, do things together. That's whats important. :)

So many people I know stress out on the holidays. It shouldn't be that way. Let it go. Have fun and do what you can. Don't worry about what you can't anymore.

Best Answer

I would say to not get hung up on what is traditional. Think about the kinds of foods you can manage and what foods are your daughters favourites. That is something only you can answer. Once you choose what to do you should do as much preparation the night before. I will be preparing all my vegetables on christmas eve so I can spend more time with my children. If you try to do these things you should both enjoy yourselves, it will be less stressful and you will get to spend more time together. It sounds like they are all things you need.

Hope you have a lovely day whatever you do

Best Answer