stringlerpark stringlerpark 31-35, M 5 Answers Feb 21, 2013 in Parenting & Family

Running a restaurant is NOT retirement!

Best Answer

definitely not

Best Answer

I know a lot of people that want to do that right now...regardless of retirement. An old boss of mine with one hell of a lofty title...would, from time-to-time reminisce and say, 'you know, one day wouldn't it be great to give it all up, go into early retirement and open up a little place by the beach'....I was in my 20's and thought...damn, that DOES sound good. It's because it's just chill. You have a purpose and some fun with the restaurant thing (that trip to Sardinia you brought back some truffle oil to use in some recipes of yours...stuff like that), you get the feel it's this neighborly, friendly 'good food, good times' little get together place...and you're by the beach (or countryside, whatever your preference), it's just peaceful. You don't have the hustle and bustle of climbing that silly corporate ladder, achieving perceived success and the politics that go along with that...you have essentially transcended all that and have arrived at something just relaxing and fun and you can enjoy life instead of 'working'.

Best Answer

I agree.

Best Answer

it all sounds nice to me except the last part. I think anyone who considers running a restuarant "retirement" has no idea how much work it is.

Best Answer

May be a joint which serves a drink or two. Or a coffesop by the beach.

Best Answer

What survey results stated this fact?

Best Answer

Dunno. But most In their mid forties and early fifties whom I meet, wanna run a small time joint and relax by the beach side.

Best Answer

Dunno who you're talking to, but beachside real estate is expensive as **** and running a restaurant is not relaxing. Small restaurants have a 90% failure rate.

Best Answer

Dunno who u talking to. Because, we r discussing retirement and u seem to be interested in restaurant.

Best Answer

People are tired of the rat race and want something more simple than what they were doing during their careers.

Best Answer