Seriously, successful feminist women marrying other such women makes perfect sense: Good jobs and money are no longer issues, there are sp*rm banks for children, one can HIRE men to do the 'heavy lifting', and this sort of relationship would seem to be more 'equal', with less hassles over the typical stuff. So, why aren't women marrying other women, so they can truly 'have it all?'
Southpaugh Southpaugh 18-21 16 Answers Aug 1, 2012

Honestly, this is the intellectual equivalent of saying "Well if you like women so much, why don't you marry them?"<br />
Sexuality and your politics are completely unrelated. A feminist is somebody who wants to correct the inequalities between men and women on a social level. Personal tastes and sexuality are just not relevant to questions of feminism. Hell, depending on who you ask, men can be feminists. I consider myself one or at least an ardent supporter.

Best Answer

Well, good for you...

Best Answer

" Feminism is the theory, lesbianism is the practice.” (Chicago Women's Liberation Union pamphlet,Lesbianism and Feminism, 1971; Stevi Jackson, Sue Scott, Feminism and Sexuality: A Reader, Columbia University Press, 1996, p. 282)

Best Answer

I know this is four months later, but you're using a pamphlet from the 1970s as representative of -all feminism-? You do realize there's been like, lots of stuff written? Most of which completely contradicts that pamphlet?

Best Answer

Feminists are no longer interested in equality. I would support them if they were. They are interested in superiority. That's unacceptable. And if you espouse the notion that feminists want superiority, then it's incongruent for a man to be a feminist. The better term is mangina....

Best Answer

feminism and lesbianism are two completely different things.

Best Answer

Best Answer

i know plenty of feminists who aren't lesbians. just empowered. doesn't matter what any pamphlet says.

Best Answer

Because not all x are y.

Best Answer

All Feminist are lesbians they all hate men

Best Answer

Really? So my wife who is a feminist is actually a lesbian who hates me? Wow, that's news to me.

Best Answer

Well, I'd say that all feminists want to have unearned advantages over men--otherwise you'd hear or see lots of feminists objecting to laws based on factually inaccurate and debunked 'studies'; to female quotas in scholarships / professional school admissions; to female-only clubs when at the same time they consider it 'sexist' for men to have the same in exactly the same situation; to a lack of recognition to, for instance, much higher rates of prostate cancer than breast cancer but less funding for the former; and to boys being attacked and minimized in our K to 12 educational system--but you don't hear any feminists objecting to any of these things. So, I don't think feminist hate men exactly, they just want to seize the power they think men have, which is an illusion.

Best Answer

I'm a feminist. Most of my best friends are guys and I love my boyfriend. Your statement is now an invalid generalization.

Best Answer

This is actually a very complex issue. I will try to explain. First thing a person must realise is that all feminist hate men. Its just a matter of degrees. You have the lesbian separatist radical feminist like Sheila Jeffreys and Valerie Salinas and the members of radfemhub. You know the ones exposed in the agent orange files. These women are mostly lesbians. Not all lesbians are feminist and not lesbians hate men. But these feminist have no problem expressing fantasies about throwing little infant boys through closed windows. And advocating for all women to let their infant boys starve. <br />
<a href="http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Am-Proud-To-Be-A-Feminist/2409963" target="ep_blank">EP Link</a><br />
<a href="http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/See-How-Feminism-Has-Failed/2306841" target="ep_blank">EP Link</a><br />
<a href="http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Am-An-Anti-feminist/2130876" target="ep_blank">EP Link</a><br />
And then of course we have the femithiest who advocates that all men should be castrated and that fathers day should be turned into international castration day. And that all men should be wiped off the face of the planet so that women can have true equality. Nothing remarkable about her until she faked her suicide and made fun of all the men who expressed remorse at her passing. She has a daughter so she needed a man for one thing but didn't want to keep him around or he got wise and left her. <br />
Then you have moderates like Jessica Valenti and Amanda Marcot. Jessica just got married not long ago. Poor dumb basterd. If it were me and my fiancee started advocating for the removal of habeas corpus and due process any for men charged with rape despite the fact that 40% of women who cry rape are lying I would run from her like she was a leper. Im not sure if Amanda marcot is married or if she's a lesbian. However her making fun of the duke lacrosse guys getting run through the ringer r ba<x>sed on false allegations would sure make her a good choice for marriage wouldn't it?<br />
Then you have the feminist like the ones posting here. People who here that feminism is about equality and don't even bother to check the facts. The support all of the feminist ideas because they aren't smart enough to ask questions. These women will marry a man as long as he knows his place. That being one of service and servitude to her. And of course they know that feminism has stacked divorce laws and child custody laws in their favor. So they marry a guy keep him for 10 yrs leave him take everything he has got and his kids plus he has to pay her. Plus the government will pay her to do it. So why not. Who cares about what her x husband is going through. Its not like men have feeling. Have you ever heard a man talk about his feelings? The she can go off and live like a ****. I mean a sexually liberated and empowered woman. He has to support her just like they were still married but she doesn't have to live with him. Its the feminist utopia. At least when it pertains to marriage.

Best Answer

Your proposal is good. But there is a fact to understand...In what way those successful feminist women are successful? Only in winning the attention of the society and having a good stamp that they are feminists. Once they get what they want they start feeling the need of men. So they ignore the other women. Let us hope for a day that you proposed.

Best Answer

I just mean that many feminist women are financially successful and many endlessly criticize men and males, so why not find like minded women to marry? They can have all the male sex they want, but their homes would be totally female and 'comfortable'.

Best Answer

why ? would you marry like minded men since you hate on women here on exp proj?

oh by the way ur age is not ur real age ur an old man who has retired and has nothing to do but sit on ur fat *** all day and write about a lost teaching gig you use to have hahahahah

Best Answer

Not all of them criticize men, but argue that it's unfair that men are seen as dominant in today's society. We want equality.

Best Answer

Feminism is their profession. It is their food. They are not idealistic feminists. By writing feminist novels they want to earn money.

Best Answer

feminism =/= lesbianism. am a feminist because i believe in equality of the sexes. i also love men very much, you're using a false dichotomy here.

Best Answer

Well, you should read some of your own literature where feminism IS equated with lesbianism. Anyway, I'm just curious why some women haven't started to try this. They could have any number of 'boy toys' on the side, but avoid the hassles of dealing with men in marriage and have all the trappings of life.

Best Answer

Feminist disagree with you.

Best Answer

i'm sure they do, like all political beliefs it's a broad church. that still fails to show that all feminists are lesbians. the fact that you found just the 2 references, and one of them 41 years old shows the opposite. can i ask you what's so bad about women's equality?

Best Answer

I am a MRA. South and i talk all the time he knows what we are about. As for claims that MRAs are misogynist. EP Link

Best Answer

i didnt claim you were *all* misogynist i said some of you were and i stand by that.

Best Answer

The point is that it's empowering that women can make there own choice about sexuality, there parters etc?

Best Answer

Ignore the question mark

Best Answer

you think all women are lesbian ?

Best Answer

It's not about being lesbian--it's about having a relationship that women claim is more satisfying because the partner is more sensitive to their needs and understanding of other things they want in life.

Best Answer

You think all women are feminist?

Best Answer

My guess is because no one actually wants equality. Equality is the word people chose to give a general list of civil liberties that most folks want in on, and when they use that word they are not referring to being equal. My estimation is that most feminists still responds favorably to their counterparts assertive and reasonably aggressive style of dominance. <br />
That being said, there's plenty of lesbian feminists.

Best Answer

just as there are many antifeminist who are gay, there are a few right here on this q/a lol you want names?

Best Answer

I'm sure, but no thanks.

Best Answer

Successful feminists do not want to marry men. A feminist cannot co-exist with a real man, but they can easily live with a submissive beta man that they can control (the mangina). Fortunately for them, there are plenty of manginas in the US; most guys here have lost the ability to act masculine, and that's a perfect match for a feminist woman who refuses to act feminine.<br />
I gave up on american woman years ago. They are okay for a quick tumble between the sheets, but they are worthless for companionship or marriage. If any of you guys want to see how the sexes are supposed to relate to each other, go spend some time in eastern Europe, the Philippines, or central America. You will find beautiful (and thin) women who want to be feminine and want you to be the masculine leader. One visit to any of those places and you will never want to date an American woman again.

Best Answer

I have recently begun to see a pattern unfolding amongst US women. They marry the bad boy because that's who gets her engine running, then divorce him, and find one of the millions of beta males there are living in the US who are as stupid as a post about women, children, marriage, and mostly everything else--except they are stable, and undesirable to other females who are seeking an alpha male. This is the perfect storm: these women have sex and children w/ the men whose sp*rm they really want, have those men paying every month for 18 years, and also have subsidized life with an 'acceptable' male, who feel lucky to be able to put her on a pedestal, and who will never question her (boring...).

Best Answer

...because they're straight, perhaps?

Best Answer

I'm a feminist, but I can't imagine living with another woman. I get along better with guys. Girls are too complicated. Plus, I'm not attracted to them sexually, so why would I marry one? Plus, men can be successful too and not all of them are complete ********. You probably only witnessed one side of feminism because not all of us hate men. And contrary to what women believe, not all guy are dogs and insensitive and lazy. There are still some decent guys out there, it's just harder to find one lately.

Best Answer

maybe because they feel that by not living with a man they would be surrendering their place in what is sadly a man's world,im sure many men would like your idea,not having to actually live with a woman just meet for s*x as an when,however they would have to do their own cooking and cleaning...

Best Answer

How is it a 'man's world' when women can be financially successful enough to have houses, cars, credit, etc? I should think that powerful feminists would love the idea of having THEIR house / situations, with women's only needs being the center of their lives. Learning how to cook and clean is child's play and a tiny price to pay for independence, and men who live with women in order to have those things taken care of are IDIOTS! All I am suggesting is that since many feminists insist that men are oppressing them--no matter what the reality--this perception seems very consistent with the idea of marrying other like-minded women to truly feel equal with another 'superior' human being that understands their every need. You imply that all men want is sex, and therefore they are commitment-phobic--so, again providing that that's true it would make perfect sense that women, who are eager to commit, would make better partners. Why try to 'change' polygamous men when there are plenty of successful women who are at the ready? It's just more practical--don't you think?

Best Answer

Yes they would. And do. Its called mgtow (men going their own way.)

Best Answer

Also look up the marriage strike. And in Japan they are called grass eaters or herbavores.

Best Answer

i cant work out if ur a man hater or a woman hater either way you have alot to say

Best Answer

Marriage is no longer about love and commitment. It's a business deal. When you think about it that way, it makes perfect sense for women to keep marrying men. When they get tired of him, they can institute a divorce action (75% of divorces in the US are initiated by the woman) and get the house (remember what Zsa Zsa said about housekeeping?), 50% of the marital property, life insurance on the ex-husband, lifetime alimony, and 50% of his pension.
Any kids born in the marriage? even better - she gets custody, child support (which she does not have to justify or account for - she gets to spend it any way she wants) and the ability to turn the kids against the now-absent father (he is only absent because that's the way she wants it).
Tell me again how it's a man's world?

Best Answer

A man's world? are you kidding me? They want to live with a man because when they decide the marriage is over (75% of divorces in the US are initiated by women) they will get the marital home (remember what Zsa Zsa said about housekeeping?), 50% of the marital property, alimony for life, and half of the guy's pension. Does the couple have kids? even better - she gets custody and child support, with no requirement for accounting (she can spend the money any way she wants). Marriage is no longer about love and companionship. Feminists have turned it into a business arrangement, with a substantial payout for them when they decide it is over. They wouldn't do as well if they were splitting from another woman. That's why they will keep marrying men.

Best Answer

Man's world? are you kidding me? They want to marry men because there's a financial windfall awaiting them when they get tired of him. All she has to do is file for divorce (75% of divorces in the US are initiated by women). That divorce action virtually guarantees that she will get the house (remember what Zsa Zsa said about housekeeping?), half of the marital assets, alimony for life, and half of his pension. Half of everything (even if she did nothing to create the wealth; she gets it only because she had sex with the guy). A person who was truly interested in equality (as feminists say they are) would be outraged at this plan. If there are kids it gets even better - she automatically gets custody and child support, with no accounting requirement (that means she can spend the kid's money any way she wants, and dad has no right to challenge it). She would not make out nearly as well if she married and divorced another woman. Marriage is no longer about love and commitment; it's a business deal. When you think about it that way, marrying (and divorcing) a man makes perfect sense....

Best Answer