Because their cultures are different from yours. You can't compare your culture to someone else's and deem it less of a culture. Their sole priority in life is to reproduce children, who can marry off and provide for the family. They don't all get jobs, dabble in a hobby, adopt a dog and have a midlife crisis like we do. They have different resources, ethics, religions, and goals. Their thinking is the more children a woman produces, the more of a chance they have.

Best Answer

I dunno bout the culture or anything but It seems ignorant to me. I wonder if anyone has tried to hand out birth control or something!

Best Answer

There is close to no such thing as birth control in third world countries. It's not like it is here. They can't go to family planning anonymously because they want to have sex with their boyfriend. They get married off, depending on their religious customs, and immediately have children. Failure to produce children within a certain amount of time, in many cultures, will lead to the disownment, basically, of the young girl, who then has to fend for herself. Women don't typically work, only men do, which is why there is such a high birth rate.

Best Answer

I guess that would be the reason why tho. It's pretty sad. I still say someone needs to start a foundation to provide birth control to them. But if they wont accept it then they are ignorant.

Best Answer

You've got a severe case of ethnocentrism. You calling them ignorant for their lack of 'organization' makes you ignorant about any culture other than your own.

Best Answer

Correcto

Best Answer

I don't care about the culture, I know nothing of it. I ain't worried aobut that all I know is there are people haveing children and knowingly not being able to care for them. It's crappy as hell. But LiquidSoul made a good point "Regardless of culture, people need to have common sense."

Best Answer

ahhh that is something else I wondered. Since the churches put a lot of support out there they probably wouldn't approve birth control anyways. Or their religion goes against it.

Best Answer

Hokay

Best Answer

best answer even tho your all hostile LoL

Best Answer

I have no problem with hostility, just ignorance! :) Thanks

Best Answer

Shut up artbandit, you sound the most ignorant.

Best Answer

Those foundations exist, but sometimes contraceptives don't fall in line with their religion, plus ignorance is difficult to help if you live in a country where an education is useless.

Best Answer

Same reason christians in the usa spawn so many, because they are stupid

Best Answer

LoL

Best Answer

so you're saying that stupid people reproduce too much and all people that have many children are christians?

Best Answer

i said stupid people are breeding too much, i dont know what twisted warping of logic led to your second inference

Best Answer

Not as much in the USA as in predominantly Catholic countries

Best Answer

It is selfish. People just can't stop ******* I guess. I hate my parents for it. They weren't ready for me.

Best Answer

Mine weren't ready for me either. :/

Best Answer

Regardless of culture, people need to have common sense. This is the same thing I've been wondering. Why do they keep having kids if they can't feed them? Instead of sending them food, we should be sending people there to teach them about safe sex. I don't care if your god is God, Buddah or Allah this is just common sense.

Best Answer

yep yep I agree 100%

Best Answer

They have kids in hopes one of the many will lead a prosperous life, and hare that prosperity with the family. Lack of education is also directly related to high birth rates. Education doesn't come easy in third world countries. There is enough food in the world to end world hunger, the real issue is how we allocate resources.

Best Answer

Yup Yup, it's really just the culture basically. It's beyond our control, all we can do is influence, and even that seems pretentious since developed countries consume so much more.

Best Answer

because often there is no social security or internal infrastructure in poorer countries (or that it is very corrupt), the larger the family the more support and security they have working together. when the parents get old they will rely on the kids to look after them there are many reasons but selfishness I don't think is one of them.

Best Answer

What else they going to do on Friday night?

Best Answer

so, do you want people in 3rd world countries to stop having sex? I'm sure they don't have birth contraception.

Best Answer

I think instead of putting so much effort into supporting the children they should start educating them about it and a program or foundation for the Birth contraception.

Best Answer

there are organizations that do educate about health related stuff and provide medical care. Birth contraception issue would fall under medical care but they're probably in need more of medicine for deadly diseases that infests that region. you just hear more about helping starving children organizations.

Best Answer

I feel bad for the souls that are trapped in that existence

Best Answer

but it can also make you appreciate what you have. :)

Best Answer

very true :)

Best Answer

no TV

Best Answer

Cz they are happy, no more worries at all,

Best Answer