Nido1111 Nido1111 22-25, M 6 Answers Nov 8, 2011

The last time I saw my Gran, I left by saying "see you soon!" I knew she was dying of cancer, but I wanted to keep the mood upbeat and tried to leave on a happy note. She died soon after and I kicked myself for years for not being able to say goodbye properly. My Gran came to me one night, years after she passed, and I got to say the goodbye I never had a chance to.

I think the thing to remember is, it's never really goodbye, because we'll soon see our departed when it's our time to go.

Best Answer

I think that "goodbyes" are overrated.

If you love or care for someone, then you should live your life that way. You never know when someone will die- that includes yourself- and a final word is meaningless if the way you have lived doesn't bear out the things you say.

If I were to die today, it wouldn't matter to me so much whether I had a final chance at a farewell. I know the ones that have loved me, and there are no great secrets or admonitions that remain to be shared. As much as I like the idea of saying a final "I love you" to someone I am losing, I would hope that the person would already know how I feel.

Best Answer

My mother always said that she wanted to die in my arms. When it was her time, I relieved my sister from her 'shift' and was so tired from the previous night that I crawled into bed nest to her. I sang softly into her ear-for some reason "Me and My Shadow"- and I fell asleep beside her. I was awakened by nurses-telling me she was gone. I was so honored that she waited for me-and for some reason I couldn't cry. Some people want to have their loved ones around them and some don't want to put the family through the pain. It is what it is - so don't beat yourself up over it.

Best Answer

It happened with both my mom and dad. You need to always tell them you love them...every time you see them or talk to them.

Best Answer