dejaentendu90 dejaentendu90 22-25, F 6 Answers Jun 17, 2012

Yes, but being educated as a scientist, I much prefer and am very comfortable with the metric system rather than the English system. We (the US) tried to convert some years ago, but the American public must be too stupid to adapt. So all we are left with is liter size bottles of soda and in parenthesis the gram weight of canned goods.<br />
Outside the US, I am just as facil buy gasoline in liters and produce, etc in Kg.

Best Answer

Yup!!

Best Answer

Can also mean "minutes" and "seconds", either as in time (4'13" = four minutes 13 seconds) or as in fractions of a degree.(54°22'10")

Best Answer

i don't remember if the metric system uses those symbols too

Best Answer

Yup, I knew that - which is pretty smart on my part seeing as we use the metric system here!!! :-) lol

Best Answer

lol. so many Americans don't. I see people saying things like they are 5" tall and stuff all the time. :|

Best Answer

Well when they say that you should check their username. If it's "Thumbelina" then they may actually be telling the truth!!! lol

Best Answer