I don't agree. I believe that everyone suffers but not to the same degree. Some people definitely suffer more than others. <br /><br />All these replies that agree with your statement leads me to believe that there are a lot of stupid people in the world. You can't compare someone who has been sexually abused (sodomized and raped), tortured, spent time in prison, lived in poverty all their lives is unattractive, black and female, mistreated and misunderstood by people with someone who is white, educated and lived in privileged life but with strict parents who don't know how to show love and has a drug problem.

Best Answer

yes, that's the point, everyone in this world is suffering, maybe less maybe more, you should be putting yours on a greater scale, because everyone is going thru something at the time being.

Best Answer

shouldn't.

Best Answer

see that's where I believe you are wrong, giving other situations more importance than others, Suffering is suffering PERIOD. It cannot be put on a scale, because where there is pain, it should be mended. I believe that the ignorance going on in our country is suffering just as much as the suffering going on in third world countries. I give it equal importance and definition of pain. People in this world are all exposed to different forms of pain, and whether it's by socialization, localization, it is still pain regardless, and for you to say that one is of more importance than the other, I view that wrong.

Best Answer

If I governed a country, I'd give the sick, the marginalized, the ones committing crimes, as much importance as the others because all of these root to pain and to victimization and lack of fundamental things. I wouldn't put things on a scale, I hate when people give themselves more importance than others, each human being is suffering a different sort of pain they have been exposed to because of where they are.

Best Answer

and trust me, I am not stupid, if anything I think your comment is.

Best Answer

Suffering is not suffering. There are people who have suffered so much they can't leave their homes, they have weak hearts, they are either traumatized emotionally or physically, they can't work, some cry almost every day, others are in constant physical pain--you can't compare that to someone who still work and are in good physical health, okay?

Best Answer

Some people suffer so much they need God's interference. GOD ACTUALLY SPEAKS TO THEM. DOES GOD SPEAK TO YOU? No? Why? Because your suffering is not great suffering.

Best Answer

The word suffering in itself implies a degree. That's why we use terms like "great suffering." In general most black people suffer more than whites. Yes, I said it...i said it cause it's true.

Best Answer

I feel fine putting it on a scale. Suffering from a deadly disease and not having money to pay for treatment would be much worse than suffering emotionally from a breakup with a boyfriend of 3 months. There can totally be a scale.

Best Answer

I can empathize with you on that, but everybody deserves to be mended by another being if you are going through an emotional experience or a sickness, one should not be like "im suffering far more than you" because somewhere in this world might one have a suffering of greater degree than the examples you just gave me.

Best Answer

You are looking this backwards. If I am "suffering" from an emotional breakup, what right do I have to compare myself to some person who is starving? While I should feel my pain and deal with it, I also should put my pain in perspective instead of feeling sorry for my "plight." The point of view you are espousing is a highly egocentric one and not worthy of the better ideals of humanity. Additionally, by looking at my own pain through an objective lens of reality, I am better able to deal with my pain and get over it rather than perpetuating my suffering.

Best Answer

Oh I totally agree that everyone deserves to feel better. I just think suffering can be placed on a scale. Easily.

Best Answer

And if I could help somebody who's just been injured in a plane crash vs. somebody who is crying because they didn't get a valentine, I'd help the plane crash person because their suffering would be a much higher number on the scale than the Valentine person.

Best Answer

4 Nobel Truths.....

Best Answer

Don't count anyone elses pain- Would you want yours to be judged?

Best Answer

I wouldn't mind sharing mine if I mended someone else, I always try to be as honest as possible.

Best Answer

I'll share &amp; exchange &amp; listen. I won't put it, yours or mine on a scale- what good can come of that?

Best Answer

This is true

Best Answer

Forgive me but that is a very naive and egalitarian viewpoint often espoused by college professors who live in Ivory Towers.<br />
The suffering of America's poorest is nothing compared to those in parts of the world who live without clean water to drink, food to eat, or adequate shelter. Are you aware that the majority of the "poor" in America live in air conditioned homes, own at least two televisions, and at least one automobile, and have access to clean water and edible food -- even if they have to use food stamps or rely on other food programs.<br />
Did you know that there are places in the world where few male children live past 12 without being forced into armed militias to fight the wars of wealthy and corrupt "War Lords," intent on exerting their own personal power of the people around them. Its as bad or worse for female children, many of whom end up as sex slaves who are sold from person to person, never experiencing any form of stability, freedom, or love.<br />
Unless and until you have personally traveled around the world and witnessed the conditions in which many people suffer, you have no clue and making statements such as yours above is absurd.

Best Answer