You were either misdiagnosed or you're going through a well period. I don't think you can be cured if you're bipolar.

Best Answer

i am bipolar and on meds. i just hope you dont experience a crash later on. 6 months isnt a long enough time and they dont know everything about the mental disorder.

Best Answer

Thanks, what are the signs I should look out for?

Best Answer

i am bipolar 2 i can only tell you about me. when unmedicated i get anxiety attacks, talk fast, thougts are fast, and a deep depression.

Best Answer

My husband has Bipolar and we have been married for 38 years. I am thrilled to hear of you feeling so well. Perhaps the traumatic experience caused the embalance chemicals to balance out. Good for you.

Best Answer

The extent of bipolar disorder is in some regards dependent on "kindling" or the first one to two episodes creating changes which make subsequent episodes more likely. While there will never be a cure situation, it is possible that after this length of time that the effects of the disease have been mitigated with the length of treatment. It is a disease that gets better with time, and perhaps time and treatment have come to your favour. Misdiagnosis is also an option, though with the length of time involved seems moderately unlikely.

Best Answer

You can cure yourself of bipolar disorder if you somehow snap out of the vicious cycle. I don't trust meds. You have now entered a new state of being now you must seek the truth of life

Best Answer

When you make decisions without the supervision of a licensed doctor & or professional , you do take a big risk here. Just looking things up does not equal a visit to your doctor! Why take that chance? You maybe good now, but down the road...who knows? I'm just saying ...

Best Answer

Be very careful. It's not cured, but managed, as far as anyone knows, and it is possible that you may require a lower dosage as time goes on (I was able to eliminate one of my meds when my hormone levels changed, for example). It's best to keep a doctor you trust in the loop about any changes you make. It's also possible you were previously being overmedicated and didn't need as high a dosage as you were being given, that also happens. After 27 years of treatment, it may take more than 6 mos to start feeling symptoms again.

Best Answer

Perhaps you are better nourished, there is a link between bi-polar and over consumption of certain minerals (like fluoride in water) and the blocking of lithium and zinc in the body. Lithium and zinc are nutrients needed for mood balance. Do you drink filtered water now?<br />
Also stress can have an influence, I've known one person whose moods would go sky high when he was stressed and he sweated profusely (and in hot times of the summer as well), minerals can be lost because of stress or sweating.

Best Answer

Always drank filtered water, but the volume just increased

Best Answer

I know a medical professor who researches minerals and he was the one who told me about zinc and it's affect on bi-polar. Doctors are still learning.

Best Answer

First there has to be depression then bipolar.
It all start with thought. It can only cure by thought.
We get depressed. That lead u to be depressed. No medication has cure it. Doctor says you must take these pills for ever.
send text if u want to know more

Best Answer

Bipolar ids a disease, not an illness. It does not "go away". It can be managed. If you are very aware of the disease and stay on top of it, you can be you. Just you w/ a disease. That doesn't make you evil, or a bad person, and certainly it is nothing to be ashamed of. I was told by a woman w./ no episodes in 33 yrs, that I must never go off my medicine.

Best Answer

I really hope this happens to me. thank you for your experience!

Best Answer

Your'e welcome. Im still off meds and doing fabulous Never felt this good in my life. Good luck to you and hang in there

Best Answer

I am so happy for you! And thank you!!! :)

Best Answer

I have been diagnosed with BP since 1992. I have been through a myriad of mind games with BP over the years, and when I think I am "winning", I have learned that something is waiting just around the corner to try/test me. This being said, I NEVER GET OFF MY MED'S! When I feel empowered on a good day, I am grateful. I "make hay while the sun is shining", so to speak. I have learned to know my triggers, and have developed contingency plans to the best of my ability, because this is a disease of which there is no cure. I accept that, as difficult as it was in the beginning. I have respect for BP because it has taken so much away from me, including nearly taking my own life several times. If this is the case, do I honestly believe I am the first human to be "cured" of it? No. When I think that thought, i.e. "I am better, I don't need to take my med's. I can be like everyone else." That is a lie, and I am setting myself up for a catastrophe; most likely at the expense of a loved one, a friend, or a complete stranger that I vent on. I am done with that. I give no quarter to this "thing". I have learned to love myself, despite the self-loathing at times. My motto is, "This too shall pass." Not trying to be a downer to you, but please reconsider your view about being "cured" and not taking your prescribed medications.

Best Answer

You cannot be cured of Bipolar, but you may be going through a "good" period where you don't really feel the symptoms much.

Best Answer

Well today is 18 April 2015 and life has been goooood. still no meds and going strong

Best Answer