Your mother in law wants to adopt your kids for money. She then says if anything happens to her, then she will make sure to tell the lawyer to make sure the kids go back to YOUR SPOUSE (no mention of you). Would you do it for extra money???
MedicalStudent1228 MedicalStudent1228 26-30, F 8 Answers Sep 18, 2012 in Family Struggles

No. Never. I've been so broke we lived in a car once. I'm so broke now I sleep in my living room with my daughter so we can rent out rooms for money. There is no being poor enough to sell my children, even if it's to a relative.

Best Answer

..................no??<br />
They're MY kids. And I don't want them to get trauma from being sold to their grandma.<br />
It's just a bad idea to mess around with selling kids and strangely-worded wills.

Best Answer

She must really hate you.

Best Answer

So...you want to sell your children to a woman who wants to buy them and use them to make money? She sounds like the evil step-mother in the Cinderalla movie.

Best Answer

No. I never said I wanted to. My children mean the world to me, but my husband and I had an argument about this. I basically told him that my kids, and my parental rights are not for sale. And he seems to think his mother has his best interests and the children's best interests at heart. All he sees is dollar signs.

Best Answer

she doesnt even sound like the kind of person i would want my kid to be around.

Best Answer

I don't understand that question. Are you saying that you would sell your kids to your mother in law and let her raise them? If so, of course I would never do that.<br />
Are you saying that your mother in law wants to adopt your kids for welfare benefits that she would then share with you? If so, that would not be good either.<br />
Regardless of whether she draws up a legal document about the kids going back to your spouse AND you after her death, it sounds very strange.

Best Answer

Heck no, I just asked the question to see what other's opinions would be, since my husband and I had a big argument about it. All he sees is dollar signs. I told him my parental rights and my kids are not up for sale.

Best Answer

Another thing, she said she was drawing up the will for the kids to go back to MY SPOUSE, no mention of me.

Best Answer

And when a person adopts a child(ren), they get big money for each child they adopt. And his mother told him that she would give us a piece of the profit that she makes from adopting the kids. But like I said before, my parental rights and my kids are NOT up for sale. I just wanted to see what other people's opinions on this matter would be.

Best Answer

huh? I know several folks who adopted kids. They certainly didn't make money on the deal. In fact it COST them tens of thousands of dollars

Best Answer

why would she need to adopt them if you have a spouse?

Best Answer

For money. He and I are separated, and he doesn't know this, but I am leaving him and taking the kids with me.

Best Answer

that doesn't mean you can put him up for adoption without his permission. I don't know how that could even be close to legal. You'd likely just get both of you in legal trouble. It sounds like fraud and human trafficking.

Best Answer

Ummmm I think you misunderstood what I was saying. And it is my husband whom I am seperated who wants to give the kids to his mom for her to adopt them for money, and she gives the money to us, and she told HIM, my husband that she will make sure that the lawyer understands that the kids are to go back to HIM (my husband), meanwhile, there is no mention of the kids going back to both him and myself, she said just HIM (my husband). And I told my husband, whom I am seperated from that my kids are not up for sale, and neither are my parental rights. We had a big argument about it. And yes, it does sound like fraud and human trafficking because it is. I am totally against it.

Best Answer