BloviatingBuffoon BloviatingBuffoon 70+, F 11 Answers Nov 8, 2012 in Community

Linux isn't Unix. but i use it at work and run it at home

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

I have never met anyone irl who uses Linux. Personally I have tried Ubuntu and really like it but my dev environment relys on windows and also it can be a hassle dealing with compatability issues with programs from certain companies making the OS not worth the time and effort. It was a nice gesture but as long as most software companies choose Windows as thier main platform for profit then Linux will remain where it is.

Best Answer

It's not worth the trouble and confusion. If it's not something you learned off the bat, it's not easy to understand. It's more of a pain in the *** than Microsoft.

Best Answer

I've tried it, it's not to my liking. I grew up with Microsoft and have familiarized myself with it through and through. I like it more.

Best Answer

It is too open. I don't think it will last

Best Answer

Never used it but I am told I should .

Best Answer

yes i think so

Best Answer

Good, stable system. for someone that hasn't used it before, ubuntu is a good jumping off point.

Best Answer