kittyanthony kittyanthony 22-25, M 8 Answers Jan 23, 2013 in Science & Technology

There is stuff in space.

Best Answer

haha best answer!

Best Answer

Astronomy...is a subject worth a million words. Astronomy is a few thousand years of accumulated knowledge vast enough to fill an entire library dedicated only to this one subject. It is a beautiful harmony between mass and the curvature of space, time and relativity theory...it is the ever so frustrating cosmic censorship beyond the event horizon of a black hole, the difficulty of understanding the world of the very small in Quantum Theory. It is the beauty of the remnants of massive exploding stars. Astronomy is the study of the expanding universe that was born and filled with mass and energy nearly 14 billion years ago. Some of the most brilliant minds to ever grace the face of the Earth have put their life's work into uncovering many of the mysteries of Astronomy but there are equally as many mysteries yet to be uncovered. Astronomy was at one time the livelihood of the ancients as they relied on the position of the stars and the planets to determine when to plant and harvest their crops, they realized the sky is a giant clock. Astronomy is picking an ob<x>ject ten thousand light years away, focusing in on it, and through spectroscopy (kind of like looking at light through a prizm) seeing what it is made out of. Which is a process that will one day be used on exoplanets. Scientists will one day analyze the light from exoplanets looking for one that has an oxygen rich atmosphere. Astronomy was Edwin Hubble discovering in the 1930's that there was a universe beyond the Milky Way Galaxy as he stumbled across the Andromeda Galaxy. Astronomy was Newton realizing that the same force that caused an apple to fall to the ground is the same force that allows the Moon to orbit the Earth...and all of the planets to orbit the Sun. Astronomy is so many things...it is many more words than I could ever muster. Astronomy is something that I believe everyone can find enjoyment in...even if you don't want to get into the math and physics portion of Astronomy, just enjoy Astronomy with your eyes. Every night you should go outside and look up, find Orion's Belt, look up and slightly to the left until you find the red giant Betelgeuse...it is nearing the end of it's life, it may explode a thousand years from now, or tomorrow...but it's worth looking at every night. I hope my long answer didn't bore everyone to death.

Best Answer

Woh but awesomo long answer xD

Best Answer

Something I used to hope I could do one day.

Best Answer

i second that its amazing!

Best Answer

Don't second it. Chase the dream if you can. I couldn't tackle the math, but maybe you can.

Best Answer

Its all a conspiracy to destroy the vatican

Best Answer

haha isnt that star trek? Dx

Best Answer

Astronomy exists. I believe in it.

Best Answer

A few smart fellas got together and put together some math equations to torment those of us who took an Astonomy class just to look through a telescope at the stars and planets.

Best Answer

Daid Bohm's theories of explicate and implicate order

Best Answer