Eh-uhm! I am these, "Some People"!

Best Answer

hehe

Best Answer

Speaking as a rather late newcomer to the whole "Cyber World", I'll just say that without the basic understanding of computers and how they work, we are ignorant. I was given a computer in my 59th year by my children who insisted I should have one is these times. <br />
Once the laptop was handed to me, the intolerance and irritability started when I would ask questions. So, the heck with them I said, and for the most part am self-taught. Many, many others in my age group have had this same experience. <br />
For us it's a double sword, I make mistakes and get myself in trouble on the computer and am lectured about my ignorance with computers; however, if I ask for help I've found this younger generation completely intolerant and not willing to spend any time helping.<br />
I'll be taking a computer course at the Adult School this Spring. I hope the Instructors are more tolerant than my family.

Best Answer

Those of us who didn't grow up with Windows have a tough time figuring any of this stuff out and the people who know it and understand it (at least the ones I know) have no patience for sharing their knowledge. They say thing like "click on the poiuasf;jk" and then expect you to be able to find it, but quite frankly icons don't mean a thing to my brain. They are indecipherable and the person trying to help me then loses patience and jumps in and just does whatever I needed to have done rather than teaching me. You say just look it up online -- well guess what? You need to know computer in order to be able to do that.

Best Answer

Just think of all the jobs that would be lost if everyone was computer/internet savvy. There is a huge amount of dollars/jobs in tech support. Why? Because a lot of people are willing pay for their ignorance in computers/internet while they remain focused on other things.

Best Answer

It's their money being lost and their hard ware going to waste, oh wellz.

Best Answer