...seen a clear photo of and you have nothing of your sexual proclivity to hide. A soldier/sailor/pilot is rushed in and attended to. S/he has a 50/50 chance of making it. Half in that condition you're aware of don't pull through, the other half do. The patient is resting and fully cognizant and aware of their chances for survival and possible full or only partial recovery. S/he is of the gender your lifelong mate is. You've just finished a dressing and s/he looks into your eyes and asks, "If I make it, will you go to the New Year's dance in the rec tent (six months away) with me?" What do you do?
eleanorssong eleanorssong 56-60, F 7 Answers May 13, 2012

I would say yes. This could save a life. The power of promises can do this...And I would go with this person as there would be nothing wrong with doing so...Friends need friends. And dance with happiness...

Best Answer

Thank you for an honest and wonderful answer. (Not to influence anyone i'll withhold what i would do.)

Best Answer

I am a nurse. Such things are not unheard of, dear.

Best Answer

Such a profound question. Thank you for this one. kissesssssssssssssssss......

Best Answer

I would say yes. My beloved and loving mate would understand. It they didn't I wouldn't have been with them in the first place. Once the person pulls through I would talk with them about my situation and how I am willing to go to the dance with them as long as they understand boundaries.

Best Answer

A fine and honest answer. Thank you.

Best Answer

Probably promise to go, but of course once he is out of the woods let him know that I am married and my husband will be joining us in the PX on New Year's as well.

Best Answer

What's your purpose? Being kind or having a fling? Cause if it's just service, let your significant know about it and do it. I was getting ready to get engaged and still did dance lessons with an old flame. We were just dance buddies, it was no secret and no problem.

Best Answer

i would say no.......i would say we can have dinner together

Best Answer

Thank you for being frank. If he reacted respectfully but sadly, and the next day coming toward your work post you overheard his doctors saying he'd taken a serious turn for the worse and so had his spirit and emotions, upon approaching him during your first duty rounds, would you do anything different?

Best Answer

not really.......when that person is seriously ill modern medicine takes over and sedates the mind and allows the physical self to take over the healing process......however i wouldnt mind giving her a vague assurance

Best Answer