ladynikki3 ladynikki3 18-21 16 Answers Dec 9, 2012 in Parenting & Family

Leave home tell her to call me when shes gotten over it.

Best Answer

Let mum do here thing and you do your thing... As you as growing older now, you will find you will have more time for you and your friends and less with her and the family there... (except for these holiday times - at least it's like that here in the states)

Let your mom meet a variety of your friend, gay and straight.... Who know she might become more accepting of your friends...

Best Answer

If you aren't able to move out right now, then I suggest you hold out on telling her. As soon as you can arrange for a place to live then talk to her, or not. It's very important to be strong in who you are but the truth is that sometimes it's not that simple and that's ok. I know you don't want to hurt your mom, but there is NOTHING more important than loving yourself enough to not let anyone hold you down. If you can do that now than do it, and always remember that if you have to make this change slowly, that's ok too. Treat yourself with kindness first then your mother.

Best Answer

Educate Mum. It is your life, not hers.....

(And,(if she remains ignorant), It will be her decision--don't worry about it....)

Also : at your young age, you don't need a LABEL.

Best Answer

She doesn't agree with you, thus she is ignorant? Come now, that's a bit weak.

Best Answer

she dont know about me being gay.But we had a convo saying "what if" ... and she was like "then you wouldnt be my daughter anymore" ... so yep, basically i will lost mother when I will tell her

Best Answer

Not weak at all. If the mom is ' ignorant enough' to 'hate gay people', she IS ignorant. It's nothing to lose a daughter over ! your reply = lol

Best Answer

really dont know what she is gonna do when she will know but i know that I want to be with my girlfriend no matter what <3 :)

Best Answer

Lady- THat's just Mom's (first) way of facing her fears/ insecurities about this issue. If she is any kind of a good mom-and I bet she has been- you look well taken care of !!- SHE WILL come around--but it may take awhile. It could even be some years... You just be strong and continue to do well in life.
ANd, thanks for choosing my answer as 'best' !

Best Answer

yeah you are right. :) thanks for help and thats okay:)

Best Answer

As long as my son is happy I'm happy hey

Best Answer

then i'll confess her and she'll no longer hate people like this.

Best Answer

carry on as you are, its not your problem to deal with its your mums, if she cant deal with it then its her own fault

Best Answer

i wouldnt be telling my mom i was gay if i was you

Best Answer

Well, Im going to do that but look, she is my mother.. she will think about me not having kids and etc. ... its gonna be bad especially when she hates gays.

Best Answer

All of that is Years away..........!!

Best Answer

Your mother loves you no matter what. You can't force someone to like something just because..either her motherly love will overcome her distaste for gays or she'll disown you. Either way, probably better than sitting back and wondering what she'll do.

Best Answer

Tell her she has a year to get over it or she'll never see you again.

Best Answer