PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 20 Answers Nov 19, 2012 in WTK

I'm not stupid. I take my pets and I get out of there. Everything else is replaceable

Best Answer

Exactly.

Best Answer

I feel sorry for Americans when they have these tornados or hurricanes

we don't have many down under

Best Answer

Where I live, it's always tornadoes. And the only thing you can do here is hope for the best. Especially when they're small - but deadly - they hop around. They'll either hit your house and leave your shed standing or hit your shed and leave the house standing. Wherever they happen to touch ground between the hoppings. So unless you have a storm shelter - most here don't - all you can do is wait them out. And we're far enough inland that if a hurricane hits and comes to us, it's nothing but rain and/or tornadoes.

Best Answer

Oooh, Clem...my prayers will always be with you...

Best Answer

So far I've been lucky with them.

Best Answer

You're supposed to stay home during a tornado...so don't evacuate unless it's to a superior shelter. Hurricanes are the opposite.. evacuate if you can or or take shelter at your best (safest) option if you can't

Best Answer

I did not know that. Thank you....

Best Answer

I would go, the weather people know more about those things then we do.

Best Answer

Well if it was a Tornado, I would stay because there isn't going to be anytime before it hits. A Hurricane, I would leave.

Best Answer

I'd go if at all possible. Also, I would not want to put someone in jeopardy trying to save my ignorant butt if I'd stayed and hadn't heeded the warning

Best Answer

Go of course. Grab the kids and the cat and we are out of here. But live in the UK so not much chance of that.

Best Answer

That's what I thought about earthquakes in Maine, then BOOM! Right under my feet!!! About a month ago...

Best Answer

Well glad you are OK. Not much warning with quakes I guess.

Best Answer

go...what's the point of staying?

Best Answer

Hurricane, yes. Tornado, where would I go, and I doubt I'd have the time even if I did go.

Best Answer

We don't have hurricanes where I live, but lots of tornadoes. In the event of a warning. I head for the storm shelter in my basement.

Best Answer

I would grab my emergency backpack, the dogs and cat and get the heck out. There is no way I would stay and try and ride out something like that even with a basement. If they say evacuate I evacuate.

Best Answer

I dont believe that we have ever evacuated for a hurricane and I've been here since 1956. We haven't had a strong one here since 1983 Even that wasnt very destructive and I live right on the coast. I'm very skeptical of the TV meteorologists - they like to work up a frenzy for ratings. Especially now that it's only me, I would wait until the last possible minute to leave.

Best Answer

Never had one here. But I'm staying! How much fun would that be to get blown to Oz for a vacation!

Best Answer

If it is a hurricane ..evacuate. For a tornado, it depends on the structure your in. If your in a home, they tell you to go to a basement, or the center of your home away from windows.

If your in a trailer, usually trailers are not substantial enough, and they may reccommend evacuating.

I live in a home, but I have a weather alert radio..and so i have an early warning device in place. If you live in a trailor, i recommend a weather radio, or something to allow you time to flee and get to safety from a tornado.

Best Answer

I'm leaving as fast as I can. Not worth the stay.

Best Answer