I Think I Am Trapped In An Emotionally Abusive RelationshipHello To You All,
I have been with my Partner for 6yrs and if I was to be 100% honest it has not been a happy 6yrs. I think that he is emotionally abusive towards me...here is a list of some of the ways in which he treats me.
- He is always out with his Friends (every evening & at least 3/4 times a week he is out from 11am - 1am)
- He often threatens to leave me (but NEVER has) & when I say "if thats what you want to do then go" he never does
- He makes me feel afraid by the way that he looks at me & he regularly smashes things up (usually his mobile and always blames me for 'winding him up')
- He refuses to listen to my thoughts, feelings or worries about our relationship...accusing me of over analysising or trying to cause an argument.
- He treats me like I am very stupid (tells me that I act stupid)
- Nothing I ever say or do is ever good enough
- He hates me talking about our relationship with anyone
- He is trying to make me break contact with my family (I have already moved from Wales to live in England with him - 5yrs ago) All my family and friends live in Wales
- He says we can't afford to go and visit my family and friends
- He gets moody if my Parents visit me here
- He Withholds affection and intimacy from me (as if trying to tempt me into having an affair with someone)
- He neglects me - leaves me home alone most days whilst he is out with his friends (he only ever texts/rings if he wants me to do something for him there and then)
- He Never does any housework but complains that I haven't done it right
- He has NEVER been physically violent to me but he has pushed me and threw a chair at me
- He tells me 'its all in my head' when i challenge him on his treatment towards me.
Please help me