Making Myself Happy
Once upon a time, I looked to others to make me happy (especially in relationships), but one day I came to the realization that I'm the only person who has control over my happiness. I'm a much happier person because I've become more proactive in making myself happy. These are some of the things I do:
1. I stay away from people or places that make me uncomfortable or don't make me smile.
2. I treat myself by going places and buying things that I enjoy (but don't overdo it).
3. I stay productive in all areas in life, because when I allow things to go undone, I become disappointed in myself.
4. I take a step back and look at the bigger picture. If there is something I don't like about myself, I take the necessary steps to improve myself through research, collecting the tools I need, and following a plan of action that will bring me closer to where I want to be. (This includes losing weight, improving my business, etc.)
5. I help others and give. Giving and helping others, making them happy doing it, always makes me happy.
6. I maintain a healthy spiritual relationship with God. Without Him in my life, I could never be happy.
7. I also came to the realization that you cannot change people, and by doing so, you make yourself miserable. I accept people for who they are, and if I don't like things about them, I don't try to change them--I just let them go.