The Legal Age For Drinking Is 18 Where I Live.
I could sit here and write about 'oh what a terrible childhood I had' and I would be telling the truth, but no I am going to say...
- I started drinking when I was 12 to escape my head (wasn't really that hard to get access to grog given that I had an older brother and parents with a full alcohol cupboard who didn't drink).
- When I was 16 I could justify drinking because of the people I hung around and I was only drinking at school because that was the type of person I was.
- At the age of 18 I was drinking one-two bottles of vodka + a bottle of wine a day but only because my house mate was insane and I needed the alcohol to be able to deal with her. (if it was a "party night" I would drink anything and everything which left me very sick.)
- Just after I turned 19 I was suddenly admitted into hospital so I hadn't had time to pack alcohol and I was on ward so I couldn't go buy any. This was the week I learned I had a drinking problem. I had to detox (that was hell). Then I craved and I had never felt anything like it before. So I was finally forced to face my addiction head on. During this I looked back on the last 7 years of my life in dot point form just like I wrote here and saw all my sad little excuses and reasons that I gave myself for drinking.
- Now I am 20 and I still battle my alcoholism and I still some times try to deny it. I am not recovered, but I am recovering.